Males and Females

So I've been down in Boston at my folks' place for almost a week now (it's winter break at UMaine so I'm taking advantage till early January). Hot new girlfriend is going to bus down to visit on Thursday then leave on Saturday.

Since the beginning of December we've been at it, and I mean at it, and it's clear there's some attachment beyond mere fuck-buddy status. I've brought up the subject of "relationship" before and she gave me an honest, indefinite answer. Apparently she's afraid that whatever fucked up nature of her family/past/present/personality she has might be poisonous to any potential relationship we'd have.

Which brings me to my crisis on the broader scale. I'm hoping to be out of Maine by September, off to a grad school somewhere else in this country. This girl is near perfect for me. Has no morals, loves anything that's fucked up. Likes metal, is hot as fuck, you name it. But we're romantically involved to some degree now and when I find out by the end of this Spring where I might end up, should I really get this attached? Fuck. Sex is awesome but it's like a relationship is worth all the more to me. Yet at this stage I know this probably won't be the one yet I want to keep her as much as I can.

Laura?

So I was told that my bro's ex girlfriend's friend thinks I'm cute. I find this hard to believe for many reasons: mainly because I'm a monster with back hair and shit.

Anyways, they asked my bro and I to go to a movie with them. I'm hesitant on doing any sort of "double date" thing, nor do I really know if what they have in mind is considered a "date" but I figured I'd go for it. I could use the experience of making talk with women.

The girl is fairly cute though, based on the facebook pics I've seen. How bad could the night be? I'd at least be with my brodude likely watching some shitty fucking movie with two random bitches. Ugh.

tumblr_lgj2rrMAVh1qgc9j3o1_500.jpg

imo

all the girls in metal just care about what they look like, they have no passion.its sad, bunch of faggy gothy kids
That's not completely true.

So I was told that my bro's ex girlfriend's friend thinks I'm cute. I find this hard to believe for many reasons: mainly because I'm a monster with back hair and shit.

Anyways, they asked my bro and I to go to a movie with them. I'm hesitant on doing any sort of "double date" thing, nor do I really know if what they have in mind is considered a "date" but I figured I'd go for it. I could use the experience of making talk with women.

The girl is fairly cute though, based on the facebook pics I've seen. How bad could the night be? I'd at least be with my brodude likely watching some shitty fucking movie with two random bitches. Ugh.

You should go!

I did the stupid thing of trying to pick up the cute bartender when I went to a bar that I was at by myself. I needed social interaction with people under 45 and since the town I was in had a decent nightlife, I thought why not...

Bad mistake, I should've known especially since I used to be a bartender. Bitch got me drunk, gave me a kiss on the cheek then left without saying good bye. Fail. Would've gotten her number but she was driving to Canberra in the new year and I probably won't be back there for awhile.

Is getting someone drunk a typical bartender's method of fighting off unwanted advances?

Female bartenders in particular are always slightly flirty (except when they're extremely flirty) and are very good at subtly bending and posing in ways that highlight their tits and ass. This maximizes tips. I don't blame them for it. I'd do the same in their position. But basically, never ever think a bartender is into you unless she's actively touching your junk. Good way to blow a lot on tips and drinks you don't really want. If you want to hit on the barmaid, do it sober and get ready to get rejected.

At least, that's my experience and that of everyone I've ever talked with about this.

I also consider it inappropriate to hit on someone when they're not in a position of equality, such as when they're at work. I mean, it's fine to flirt a bit, and if they reciprocate, to move on to actually hitting-on, but it wouldn't be right to just open up on a cashier or waitress or whatever.

:lol: You retards. Those bitches get hit on the entire time they're working. So unless you're Leonardo DiCaprio or some shit they're not interested in your weak sauce material. Just go get drunk and tip well and move on.

Fuck tipping well.

I tip well for good service, but if the service is meh like it usually is, I don't tip on my last drink.

I am tipper, but I hate the idea of tipping. I worked in a warehouse for over 3 years, lifting heavy boxes onto peoples carts and I would sometimes end up spending over 40 minutes with a single customer who had a giant batch order for a movie set or office. Did I get tipped? Almost never. Then I go to a bar where a bartender takes two types of alcohol and blends them in a single glass and all of a sudden he is EXPECTED to receive a tip. The system is bullshit.

Sure, they might get a lower base wage, but how did that end up to be in the first place? And if you are going by the standard of "well he isn't getting paid as well as you, so you should tip" then why the fuck aren't we tipping the garbage disposal people when they pick up our trash? Surely they are doing me an equally if not greater service every week.