Males and Females

Grant, she sounds really shy and might get scared if you come on too strong. Definitely ask her out, but you know, do so in a way that seems like just hanging out vs a Big Date. Also, culturally Asian chicks like being bought stuff.

It's a great strategy that I've used before with success. Discussing a movie you've just seen with a woman is a good way to gauge dateability. It's by no means definitive, but if the conversation isn't the least bit interesting, then it's probably not a good sign.

I'm trying to set up a date tonight. Called her twice and left a text -- she's not responding yet, so i may have to try again tomorrow.

I know what i want to say to her.

Just that i'd like to get dinner with her on sunday and talk for a while. If she happens to indicate that it matters to her whether it's a "date" or not, i'll suggest that it isn't a date, but that it's still important to me. idk how insistent i'll end up being, that's just something i'll have to wing.

No. If she asks if it's a date, say "Yes." That's the answer she wants. They want you to be assertive and decisive. It's a desirable trait.

The longer in the future the date is, the more time she has to change her yes into a no. Just saying.