Males and Females

Haha so there's no hope for me eh? Damn..

You give up pretty easily. There are plenty of brohims with long hair at these shows that want nothing more than a normal girl who is into some of the same bands, but doesn't particularly care for the overall personal aesthetic.

TBH, you just need some of these guys to grow a set of balls. Or do it yourself.

I've been to a fair number of shows at Mac Hall, The Distillery, etc. Many of these 'metal dudes' are either in their late teens or early 20s and incredibly immature still, or their burly as fuck guys in their late 20s onwards. But there are a good portion of regular dudes who love the music, but don't feel it necessary to tattoo themselves up and go for the ultra metal-as-fuck look. Mainly because these types of guys actually hold decent jobs or have some career aspirations.

I feel like a dating advice columnist.

Haha I like your advice Der!! I won't give up quite yet...it's frustrating as fuck sometimes but I don't really mind flying solo. I met my last boyfriend at a Bodom show, and I did approach him first...I guess I'll have to stick with that method.

And yeah, every time there's an all ages metal show at Mac Hall, it's all like fucking 14 year olds. Or old guys. Haha I need to hit up the Distillery more often

But now I have question for all you guys on here--
Do you have to look metal as fuck for a metal guy to be into you?? I don't have crazy hair or facial piercings, I guess I look...idk, kinda natural I suppose...but every time I'm at a show, metal guys are ALWAYS with the hardcore metal chicks. It's just shitty, metal is my life but it's like metal guys don't see that because I don't have black hair and tattoos everywhere. I know there must be some guys out there who aren't necessarily into just that, but are girls like that preferable??

I've dated a metal chick and I listen to a lot of metal, but I have short blond hair, I wear shoes, shirts, sweaters etc. Anyway, are you really, really into long haired, viking re-enactment type dudes or are you very much in need of someone who shares your love of music? You can pick both though.

Also, if it makes you feel more secure, this guy
nergal.jpg
was with this little barbie type babe

600full-doda-elektroda.jpg

Anyway, are you really, really into long haired, viking re-enactment type dudes or are you very much in need of someone who shares your love of music? You can pick both though.

Haha! Well, I'm not quite that girly...but I guess it makes me feel a little better:)

And I am so insanely attracted to straight up metal looking guys...long hair is probably my biggest turn on....I would have to pick both! Never realized it was so hard to find a single guy like that haha

Haha I fucking wish!!! When I backpacked through there, I saw more hot long haired guys than I ever have in my entire life.

Yeah. Too bad quite a few of them are douchey, militant haters of all things "not metal" and live by the tenet "even the shittiest heavy metal is the best shit in the world!!1" (hevi on paskimmillaankin parasta). Not to generalize however since many guys are cool as & super easy to get along with. Aside from that, yep, long-haired totty all over the place I suppose.

Did you stay anywhere over here or did you just pass through?

If "metal as fuck" girls weren't so scarce, I'd definitely have me some. And of course those which I have come across have already been snatched by the obviously higher amount of "metal as fuck" guys.

But now I have question for all you guys on here--
Do you have to look metal as fuck for a metal guy to be into you?? I don't have crazy hair or facial piercings, I guess I look...idk, kinda natural I suppose...but every time I'm at a show, metal guys are ALWAYS with the hardcore metal chicks. It's just shitty, metal is my life but it's like metal guys don't see that because I don't have black hair and tattoos everywhere. I know there must be some guys out there who aren't necessarily into just that, but are girls like that preferable??

If a guy is going to go for you for your musical taste, be prepared to have a relationship built on music. If you're hardcore enough about it, that's fine, though.

Personally, a girl listening to the same bands as me wouldn't be enough of a turn on for me to go for her. Hell, the girls I dated liked different music from what I did.

there are a good portion of regular dudes who love the music, but don't feel it necessary to tattoo themselves up and go for the ultra metal-as-fuck look. Mainly because these types of guys actually hold decent jobs or have some career aspirations.

Ahem. Anyway, yeah, I'd actually prefer a chick NOT have any sort of aesthetic tie to metal in how they dress. The furthest I go is wearing a pair of jeans and a band shirt. If even that often enough...

If your goal is a girl that is 'metal as fuck' and you can't get any girl who isn't 'metal as fuck' then you need to change something about yourself.

Yeah you definitely misinterpreted my sentence. I have no problem getting girls. All I said is that metal as fuck girls are scarce, which is why I don't get with any.

Edit: My last ex liked some metalcore and nu-metal, but I don't count that.