Males and Females

i totally agree with this
the 2 of you are just not a good fit
if she can't get to the point where she can spend every day cuddling with you while watching TV, then she needs to go find a herself a guy that's not your personality type
there are alot of males out there that don't even own a TV set because they're only in their house to sleep, you're girlfriend need to break up with you and date one those guys
you need to go out and find a a bunch of girls that are totally addicted watching television, and date the one that watches the same TV shows that you like

ofcourse, people don't like being bored, but here's the thing

when you're in a relationship, the girl's gonna get all exited about specific things that are boring to a guy (like making "shopping" turn into an all-day event)

and then the guy will get all exited about specific things that the girl will find boring as hell (The Super Bowl, NASCAR)

this is why straight girls sometimes "try to make a gay guy turn straight"

and why men watch The Super Bowl in large groups

Please prove me wrong, because I see that sentence all the time and to me it seems like something people say because they don't have a person that getting along with and being interested in is natural and effortless. It sounds like they're trying to project some kind of objectively correct way to go about a relationship to deny that they don't have what they really want. This view is one of my main sources of cynicism with relationships.

Im not going to say a serious relationship is easy street, but if you have to look at it as work there is a problem.

You and me both, man.

My last girlfriend didn't even know what Trailer Park Boys was. When I explained it, she said it sounded dumb. I should've dumped her then and there.

I consider that possibility. The relationships I've observed that have created my impression of a typical relationship have left me thinking that people generally sacrifice things they really want in order to not be alone. All I'd really like to get out of a partner is someone who I enjoy interacting with and someone who enjoys interacting with me. Someone who I can trust, and do not need to put myself in emotionally unfavorable positions in order to sustain their happiness, and someone who does not have to do the same for me.

zabu of nΩd;10408895 said:
So would you say being more tolerant is something most people should strive for, or rather that it's not worth the bullshit / lack of freedom for many?

There will be differences and disagreements, but if you constantly or often have to assess why you are with someone, doesn't sound like it's meant to/should be.

If the question is "Why am I with this person?" well into the relationship, then I don't see a happy future.

Is it really worth working that hard to get to that point though?

Ahh, who am I kidding, I just want prizemonies and a sexy housewife like every other guy. Fuck the world for over complicating things.

I think it depends on the people involved. I think that ultimately you have to figure out and decide for yourself what will and won't work, and what is and isn't worth it. Discussions about what the "correct" way to go about a relationship can create unnecessary pressures on the relationship that lead to problems for both of the people involved.

i think your sexual relationships should be as and natural and effortless as your non-sexual relationships

your sex-partner should just be "your best freind" + sex

I was so tolerant with my ex that I ended up tolerating what most people wouldn't for a long time. Tolerance can pretty much get fucked.

A reasonable amount of tolerance is a sign of maturity I think. Being a pushover or uncompromising are signs of a lack of emotional development /my$0.02

Is it really worth working that hard to get to that point though?

What my old lady said. I personally don't want to be in a relationship with my clone, that would be fucking boring.

I was so tolerant with my ex that I ended up tolerating what most people wouldn't for a long time. Tolerance can pretty much get fucked.

i did the same thing with my ex named cindy

i ended up in the ER with the side of my face bleeding from a human bite and still didn't break up with her

So my girl returned yesterday but has some job to do with some guy (?) today. That guy is sleazy. Also, tommorow I will meet her and shit. I will act like she's never been my girlfriend and that will be all super funny and shit. Then I will punch her in the face and lick her blood.

Maybe my problem is just that I'm extremely fucking lazy outside of career ambitions

I mean, doing stuff on the weekends is fine and I have zero problems with doing stuff outside of the fact that there are times where I don't want to do shit. Some weekends I want to sit on my ass and watch TV and do absolutely nothing but veg out. Sometimes having weekends planned with tons of stuff is more exhausting than working 40 hours a week.

Although, now I find Grant's posts about this topic interesting in a 'What fulfills a person' type of thing.

and now I'm rambling aaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

Some weekends I want to sit on my ass and watch TV and do absolutely nothing but veg out. Sometimes having weekends planned with tons of stuff is more exhausting than working 40 hours a week.

No. you're not allowed! Don't you know by now dude? Women are machines, they're relentless. They will fill ALL your empty time to do nothing, the absolutely nothing you enjoy is the absolutely something she despises.

Part of having a woman in your life is being taxed. It's like slavery with a smile.

No. you're not allowed! Don't you know by now dude? Women are machines, they're relentless. They will fill ALL your empty time to do nothing, the absolutely nothing you enjoy is the absolutely something she despises.

Part of having a woman in your life is being taxed. It's like slavery with a smile.

ucynicalbro?

I don't know. I've had two real relationships in my life (including the one I'm in now), so maybe my dating IQ is underdeveloped and I just am naive as shit.

Maybe my problem is just that I'm extremely fucking lazy outside of career ambitions
I mean, doing stuff on the weekends is fine and I have zero problems with doing stuff outside of the fact that there are times where I don't want to do shit. Some weekends I want to sit on my ass and watch TV and do absolutely nothing but veg out. Sometimes having weekends planned with tons of stuff is more exhausting than working 40 hours a week

so you should just go find a chick that's totally addicted to TV where you work the 40 hours a week and when you're not at work your girl spends all weekend watching TV with her arms wrapped around you

then you don't have to be exhausted, cuz your girl's not doing anything that requires you moving

so you should just go find a chick that's totally addicted to TV where you work the 40 hours a week and when you're not at work your girl spends all weekend watching TV with her arms wrapped around you

then you don't have to be exhausted, cuz your girl's not doing anything that requires you moving

Will you fuck off already? No one cares about your opinions or you. Kill yourself.

I think you misinterpreted what I meant. If you're in a relationship and bored with it and wondering (beyond the usual vague "what ifs") what else is out there, that's a clear signal something should/can be improved with said relationship.
What if a couple is only in it for sex and companionship, and has better things to do with the rest of their lives than waste their partner's time with "romantic adventures" that have no major impact on the above?
Also, just because you think it's a waste of time to fill your life with activities doesn't mean you're right!
That's pretty unlikely.