Males and Females

zabu of nΩd;10408700 said:
Don't be so sure you speak for everyone. Personally what i want out of life right now can be expressed in very simple terms: pleasure, companionship, exercise, meaningful work, and a social life that introduces me to new perspectives. There's so much bullshit most people do for "fun" (getaway vacations, sightseeing, movies, clubbing, board games, various hobbies / group activities, etc.) that to me is a waste of time and money, and the idea that someone would look back on their life and consider all of that meaningful as opposed to sitting around and watching TV is rather naive.

I think you misinterpreted what I meant. If you're in a relationship and bored with it and wondering (beyond the usual vague "what ifs") what else is out there, that's a clear signal something should/can be improved with said relationship. OBVIOUSLY not everyone has the same definition of "fun" or "interesting" so YMMV. Also, just because you think it's a waste of time to fill your life with activities doesn't mean you're right!

zabu of nΩd;10408980 said:
That's like exactly what i'm not, so i have no idea how you're getting to that.

This

zabu of nΩd;10408980 said:
The most important thing to me in life is helping to advance our society, and any pursuit of invididual gain beyond basic necessities (and i include comfort/pleasure in that) is the business of people who don't care about the future of the world.

I'm not saying they are. I'm saying these ideas are romantic and sounds like someone with the character of a young spirit, who is optimistic in mind and idealistic in theory.

That's just like, his opinion, man.

Let's get serious though: everyone is idealistic in theory; that's why they call it "theory." As far as Grant's proposed terms of praxis go, I'd say he's fairly down-to-earth and that his goals are achievable. They may not contribute heavily to the advancement he speaks about, but no one singular individual will ever enact quantifiable good on a global scale (this isn't to say you can't look back on your life and think "I'm glad I helped that old lady pick up the groceries she dropped"; all I'm saying is that such an act contributes significantly little to global advancement); in fact, it's misguided to assume so, but it's why we have cultish fetishes surrounding world leaders or revolutionary figures.

Still, I'd say his conditions avoid violence or malcontent, which is a relatively positive thing.

Let's get serious though: everyone is idealistic in theory; that's why they call it "theory."

everyone, really? what about a realist theory?

Are you saying a theory is always idealistic? I mean I always thought a theory was contemplating and rationalizing thought. A bad theory is still a theory.

I'll shut up, this is the M&F thread so.. boobs.

*Ahem* Boobs.

holy-boobies-htol-001-08292012-c3cc241c-sz500x752-animate.jpg

Ahh, who am I kidding, I just want prizemonies and a sexy housewife like every other guy. Fuck the world for over complicating things.

That must be it, clearly. That would actually make life a lot simpler, from what I can see, but whatever, no, I'm not gay. As if life as a straight male should revolve around attempting to demonstrate to everyone that you are a red blooded heterosexual, so everyone can feel safe for their buttholes in the shower room. You dumbass.

Is it really worth working that hard to get to that point though?

You are not getting it. Unless you can find your exact clone in female form, you're going to have to put in some effort. So piss or get off the pot. Of course it's worth it. I've spent 10 years of my life with the same man, and the love we have was hard earned through lots of trial and error and some effort, but well worth it. The level of connection we have is mind blowing.

Is it really worth working that hard to get to that point though?

I think it depends on the people involved. I think that ultimately you have to figure out and decide for yourself what will and won't work, and what is and isn't worth it. Discussions about what the "correct" way to go about a relationship can create unnecessary pressures on the relationship that lead to problems for both of the people involved.

I think it depends on the people involved. I think that ultimately you have to figure out and decide for yourself what will and won't work, and what is and isn't worth it. Discussions about what the "correct" way to go about a relationship can create unnecessary pressures on the relationship that lead to problems for both of the people involved.

Finally you say something reasonable. Kudos.

zabu of nΩd;10408700 said:
Don't be so sure you speak for everyone. Personally what i want out of life right now can be expressed in very simple terms: pleasure, companionship, exercise, meaningful work, and a social life that introduces me to new perspectives. There's so much bullshit most people do for "fun" (getaway vacations, sightseeing, movies, clubbing, board games, various hobbies / group activities, etc.) that to me is a waste of time and money, and the idea that someone would look back on their life and consider all of that meaningful as opposed to sitting around and watching TV is rather naive.

The most important thing to me in life is helping to advance our society, and any pursuit of invididual gain beyond basic necessities (and i include comfort/pleasure in that) is the business of people who don't care about the future of the world. I believe there are plenty of "career minded" people who think similarly, so i don't consider myself to be way out in left field here.

wat

What do you mean future of the world?