Males and Females

It's easy to throw out statistics without any context and jump to conclusions, but it's completely and utterly ignorant.

For example, a high percentage of African Americans in prison are incarcerated for non-victim crimes. On the other hand there is tons of white collar crime and corporate attrocities that go unpunished. So lets not pretend the imprisonment rate is indicative of the true crime rate.

AIDS and teenage pregancy has a lot to do with 1. poor sex ed in schools and 2. religious values. I would expect that you would see a similar pregnancy rate in poor, Chrisitan white areas. Inversely, I would expect there to be a low rate amongst affluent African Ameicans.

I'm not denying that there are cultural issues that in many poor African America neighborhoods that are parts of these problems, but to suggest that they are the only problem is just wrong.

i wasn't really trying to say that the ghettoville-gangsata culture is 100% completely totally responsible for these statistics

but
the ghetto culture is definately beyond-the-shadow-of-a-doubt a really fucking huge part of it

Nut up and tell her to kick rocks.
Word.

Is it a dick move that when I break up with her not give her too much detail into *why* because then it turns into a 4 hour fight of us justifying our points, yelling, arguing and exhausting ourselves? Basically tell her that its because its taking more to work on and through the relationship than to live it...

My reason is Im afraid that if it isnt quick and I dont get out of the conversation that Im going to fall into the same trap Ive been falling in for 7 months and end up taking it back and getting back with her...

my advice
(like anyone gives a shit about my advice any more)
just get up and start dating someone else

You mean well M_C. Thanks for your opinion. Just dont tell me to fuck my Grandma and smoke meth.

Word.

Is it a dick move that when I break up with her not give her too much detail into *why* because then it turns into a 4 hour fight of us justifying our points, yelling, arguing and exhausting ourselves? Basically tell her that its because its taking more to work on and through the relationship than to live it...

My reason is Im afraid that if it isnt quick and I dont get out of the conversation that Im going to fall into the same trap Ive been falling in for 7 months and end up taking it back and getting back with her...

my rule for your situation is this

when you break up with someone, you can't get back together with your ex untill after at least one of you has gone through dating someone else

think about it
would you have kept taking her back after one of you had dated someone else??
no, ofcourse not
you know how crazy she is

also tbh
i would be telling you to date someone else just only from the part where you said "even the sex is awkward now"

If things are that bad, being a little cold and dickish may not be such a bad thing for you. If that four hour argument isn't going to change anything then FUCK IT. As quick and painless for you has to be the best way to go because dragging it out apparently isn't working.

If things are that bad, being a little cold and dickish may not be such a bad thing for you. If that four hour argument isn't going to change anything then FUCK IT. As quick and painless for you has to be the best way to go because dragging it out apparently isn't working.

i agree with this

i think KafkaX not being "cold and dickish" is what got him into this mess to begin with

i think

he needs to just tell her "it's over" and walk out of the room

he needs to start dating someone else

Im getting ready to say sayonara to my bipolar white bitch.

Shit has been fucking shitty the past few months with only spurts of moments ranging from akward to good, the rest ranging from awkward to ferocious. Far more time is being put into working on the relationship rather than living it, and im too fucking young to be in this shit. Relationships shouldnt require this much energy and stress with an occasional moment to breathe.

Ive been at this point many times over the course of our relationship, and then ill break up with her, but keep taking her back with the hope that I can take her word and trust that "itll work out and will get better..." Well its not working out, and its not getting better, yet im still in it.

Even the sex is awkward now. So why the fuck am I staying in this shit? Am I holding on to bullshit hope that it will get better, when time has shown me that it just keeps getting worse? Im not afraid to be alone, I know Ill find someone else or find satisfaction in being alone, maybe im just co-dependent as fuck...When she begs for me to take her back, I give in to her emotions and sabotage myself...

Advice?

This lol

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

also
weren't you the one who "got drunk and made out with a homeless chick" a few months ago??

maybe you could do that again

It was more than a few months ago, but yeah...Thats why its not a good idea for me to get hammered because I do stupid shit, like make out with homeless chicks. At least she was cute.

Word.

I just need to man the fuck up, cut to the chase, be direct, and peace out. I just get too wrapped up in being that "nice guy" and trying to end things in the best way possible. Guess that's a notion of myself I need to let go of in this situation.

i think KafkaX not being "cold and dickish" is what got him into this mess to begin with

Yes and no. It is what keeps me getting back IN it...

From what I've seen, the end of the 80s was the end of the continuity of white culture in a lot of areas. I don't know what else I'm supposed to say or respond to. It's taken a long time for anglos to get to where they are, in terms of culture. I don't know if a few media moguls and immigration office officials are morally apt to decide it should come to an end.

I just need to man the fuck up, cut to the chase, be direct, and peace out. I just get too wrapped up in being that "nice guy" and trying to end things in the best way possible. Guess that's a notion of myself I need to let go of in this situation.

Yes and no. It is what keeps me getting back IN it...

yeah
just stop trying to be the nice guy
and just ditch her already

From what I've seen, the end of the 80s was the end of the continuity of white culture in a lot of areas. I don't know what else I'm supposed to say or respond to. It's taken a long time for anglos to get to where they are, in terms of culture. I don't know if a few media moguls and immigration office officials are morally apt to decide it should come to an end.

is this supposed to be a response to my post with the statistics in it??

It's an overall opinion on the broader issues being discussed. Also, working class Anglos don't tend to do brilliantly in the US or UK these days. However, you could say that's due to a decline in things like, at least in the UK, collective consciousness and positive self identity, religiosity and so on.

@Kafka: When the sex sucks that's your instincts way of telling you "get the fuck out of this!" It doesn't sound like either of you are benefitting from the relationship so what's the point?

Of course she feels like she needs you since you've been together for a long time and it sounds like she's dealing with some big mental issues and relying on you heavily. But sometimes you can use someone else as a crutch and not deal with your problems.

The best move would be to break up and then not spend time with her for a while, because otherwise you'll probably take her back. But it sounds like it's always the same problems and there's no improvement so I doubt things will turn around.

:erk:

I don't think it's that hard to work out. Popular culture, so films like Can't Buy Me Love (1987)had an all white caste without even a token stereotypical ethnic character. The leftovers of segregation in the back of people's minds, widespread disdain towards interracial relationships, white people still dominated the music industry, becoming white was still the main objective for a lot of none white people in places like latin america and so on. Black hip hop culture hadn't quite got hold of the youth like it would in a couple of years.

It's just how it appears to me. People might not like the way I've said it, but I suspect that's more aversion to a different way of describing an already accepted event.