Males and Females

There's one Rolling Stones song - among the handful I've heard - that stands out among the rest, by a wide margin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1zBG2TEjn4

It was okay. I think I've heard that on guitar hero, but didn't know it was them since they don't have the originals just people covering the songs. But yeah I'd take Marvin Gaye over this and other old rock bands.

I've never listened to a full Beatles album. Funny thing is that at my preppy elementary school in 1st grade, we had a Beatles cover band play for assembly, and I remember telling my mom about how the Beatles came to our school and they were totally awesome and shit, and mom was like "No that's impossible half of them are dead" and it took me years to realize she was right (probably in 4th grade when a teacher joked that the only students in the class sharing names with Beatles shared them with dead Beatles, kind of a weird joke now that I think about it). My uni has a fucking Beatles class. At some point if you talk about something too much I'm not even going to listen to you.

It is very typical and boring of black people to be dismissive of any major cultural work that is dominated by white people, basically entirely because it is dominated by white people.

It is very typical and boring of black people to be dismissive of any major cultural work that is dominated by white people, basically entirely because it is dominated by white people.

Oh shut up. I listen to fucking heavy metal for gods sake and into a lot of things that has nothing to do with black culture. I just don't like old rock. Has nothing to do with color or culture, but it has to do with the sound and the repetitiveness that I'm not into. There were several people here who stated they didn't care for either and you didnt make any passive aggressive comments to them. Kick rocks with that bullshit comment.

Now I'm not sure if that JAGE comment (as traditional as it can possibly get) was aimed at you or if it was just a coincidence.

I thought you would have been here long enough to learn to ignore JAGE's bigotry.

I should add, however, that "old rock" originated by black-dominated genres.

Old rock was exciting at the time but let's be real, Etta James did "Miss You" better than the Stones ever did

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you would have been here long enough to learn to ignore JAGE's bigotry.

I should add, however, that "old rock" originated by black-dominated genres.

Rock was actually started by black people, but it fell out of style with them around the same time it fell into style with white people. They both did it differently, but the guitar is pretty similar. This music was considered pretty loud for the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk I just assumed it was towards me since it was almost right after my post and it doesn't make sense in any other context to me. And he does say things about people without addressing them directly but he'll address the situation (like what he did there). I normally do ignore his bigotry but it's different when he tries to sneakily be a douche, however weird indirect way he tried to do it.

But anyways great point, Zeph.

Laura, I'd have to listen to both versions when I'm at home.

I've got a blues thread goin in the non-metal area if anyone wants to discuss the true black roots of metal and the excellent music it spawned from.