Manticora, Circus Maximus, Circle II Circle- tour '07/'08

Last I heard, it wasn't a FULL US tour, and probably wouldn't go much past the Mississippi...
We can argue the definition of "full" but that would be pointless. :)

As for Savatage, I personally can't stand 90% of their output with Zach. I much prefer Zach with CIIC. To me, Savatage pretty much ended after "Streets". (and what a damn fun show that was too!)

Again, i don't think either band is strong enough to be headlining, thus adding an opening act would be pointless. I think they should postpone the tour until they have a band that can headline that will draw a crowd, thus building both Circus Maximus and Manticora's fanbase.

Hell, even Symphony X didn't embark on a full US tour (and trust me, it'd be much cheaper for them given the fact that they are from here, so don't need to get work visas and all the other bullshit euro bands need) until they were well into their careers (i realize manticora has a number of albums out...) and even then it was opening for Blind Guardian, a VERY well established act. And that was Blind Guardian's first full US tour. Symphony X didn't headline until later in that touring cycle, and it was a much smaller tour.

Now, the only thing i can see happening here is a small east coast tour of maybe 6 dates or so. That would have a chance of being semi-successful, but even then it's almost sure to be a money losing venture.

Circle II Circle is Zachary Steven's band. Zachary Stevens is/was the frontman of Savatage when Jon Oliva decided he didn't want to sing, which happened sporadically throughout their later career. With Savatage now on hiatus, the various members did their solo projects. Oliva's is great and sounds a lot like a continuation of Savatage, while Zach's... just falls flat. It's a shame cause I love him in Savatage.

Alright thanks for enlightening me :)

Well as much as I hate to say it, Symphony X would be perfect to headline this bill (way better than the crap bands that have been opening for them so far... or at least more fitting). They'd do well under Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, even the likes of Opeth or something. That may be aiming a bit high, but it's gotta be something bigger than themselves.

Opeth would be too big and too different. Slightly too awesome too. :lol:
The others are great picks. What they need is a band like Angra or Royal Hunt to headline.

Dude, fuck Royal Hunt.

And too different? First off, i think opeth has a wide enough appeal that it'd work. Secondly:

Manowar/Immortal tour
Death/Hammerfall tour
Motorhead/Morbid Angel tour

I really don't think the match would be a problem...

SX would be a great choice but Im not sure they are drawing that much attention yet. Yet?..... hell their 13yrs old...... I hate the music industry, if your not selling an attitude that the kiddies will buy into your ignored (read: cult fashion). Seriously, if there was 200 people at our SX show there was alot.

Not sure about Manticora but Circus Maximus is a highly complex band and would do well with DT due to the cleaner vocals, but that would be like nearly 4 hours of the same music. They may actually upstage Kamelot. Sonata Arctica & Blind Guardian.... well theres that power metal thing that doesnt work for me but maybe the match would work for others.

I'd have no problems watching Opeth and Circus Maximus together but if Opeth draws a large following of "death metal or die" fans, with current attitudes it seems Circus Maximus would be sitting ducks. Circus Maximus would do well here in the States if the right people only knew about them. Fat chance of that.

Matching bands ? An interesting subject for me.

SX would be a great choice but Im not sure they are drawing that much attention yet. Yet?..... hell their 13yrs old...... I hate the music industry, if your not selling an attitude that the kiddies will buy into your ignored (read: cult fashion). Seriously, if there was 200 people at our SX show there was alot.

Not sure about Manticora but Circus Maximus is a highly complex band and would do well with DT due to the cleaner vocals, but that would be like nearly 4 hours of the same music. They may actually upstage Kamelot. Sonata Arctica & Blind Guardian.... well theres that power metal thing that doesnt work for me but maybe the match would work for others.

I'd have no problems watching Opeth and Circus Maximus together but if Opeth draws a large following of "death metal or die" fans, with current attitudes it seems Circus Maximus would be sitting ducks. Circus Maximus would do well here in the States if the right people only knew about them. Fat chance of that.

Matching bands ? An interesting subject for me.

Good analysis. The comment of them upstaging Kamelot was interesting, because i've always felt that the headliners are generally the more popular ones while the openers are the 'good' bands :lol:

Of course, on the US symx tour the roles would be reversed completely.

Symx = :kickass::headbang::kickass:
Epica = :puke:
Into Eternity = :puke::puke:

Opeth... it would be a very bad move to match them with CM for their first tour, you're right. I think after they gained a bit more of a name it would be possible though.

Hey all,

good to hear that people still think the managers are the assholes - at least that takes away any tomato throwing at the bands..:) Let me state this just this once: Intromental Management will NOT be earning any money on this tour, no matter how it turns out financially. If there should be 10.000 people at each show (which is of course not going to happen, since most venues are much smaller than that), Intromental would still not get any money from it.

There are now 5 shows re-confirmed with this new package. Those venues have not booked the shows based only on CIIC, but on the package with the 3 bands, since they had heard of all 3. With a lower guarantee, the venues agreed to still host the show, moving CM up to headliner status. Believe me, these guys have what it takes! Very soon, another 2 venues will re-confirm this new package, meaning 7 confirmed shows.

Only 4 more shows to go then.

I understand your concern and I'm glad that you care about the bands. However, the best way possible to support the 2 bands (and their support acts - tbc) is to fill up your car with friends and go see a show that is just remotely near you, in stead of throwing negative vibes at an initiative that might well succeed, if people who like the music in this genre really support it.

Hope to see you all at the shows - it will be a blast.

To add to the concern if Intromental has too many bands: A normal management would have many more bands with less employees. Look at the European scene.

Later,

Lars/Intromental

I understand your concern and I'm glad that you care about the bands. However, the best way possible to support the 2 bands (and their support acts - tbc) is to fill up your car with friends and go see a show that is just remotely near you, in stead of throwing negative vibes at an initiative that might well succeed, if people who like the music in this genre really support it.

well said

Well Lars, it's your business. Again, i'm not wishing for failure and it probably isn't nearly as bad as i'm making it out to be, but again just being in the metal scene I've seen plenty of bands who go on tour and when they get back, they're in such a bad financial state that they can't afford to continue as a band. And it's not just the shows. Great, they'll make a bit of gas money, but you know as well as I do that touring is a very fucking expensive venture. There's a ton to take into consideration, from food, gas, time off work, all of that.

Look, I apologize for my initial post because the last thing I want to do (though probably the first thing I did) is to slander Intromental management. I just see it as a poor choice. Sure it could work out, but it seems really unfair to gamble with not only a band's career, but their own personal finances. Oh well, i guess that's what they pay you for.

Again, I wish the best for the bands and I really hope this tour is a successful one. I just think it's a horrible choice to move CM to headlining status when they've played only a handful of shows in america, at a festival that is their exact audience no less. It's not about how good the band is, or else i can think of a number of bands with only one or two albums out that should be doing headlining world tours due to their quality as performers and musicians.