Manticora, Circus Maximus, Circle II Circle- tour '07/'08

One last thing: I have never hoped to be proven wrong so much as i do now. And i mean that... i really want this tour to kick ass, and i hope everyone who can make it out does just that. I want to make it clear that i'm not wishing this tour to fail just to spite intromental management or to be right. So hopefully everyone will go out and buy a fuckin' t-shirt at the shows.

Ok, I'll now buy t-shirts, I actually never thought or knew about that angle

I figured out who they should have as headliners........... Dragonfarse........ then all their "wow your so f'in sick" fanbois would throw down their money and discover what real music is all about. [tongue planted firmly in cheek]

I have a serious question, though it may be stupid, what are or can managers do to get these great progressive bands to recieve better recognition?

...hmmm..we ask ourselves the same question...any ideas??? :)

No, seriously - talent will at some point speak for itself, and a band with Circus Maximus' talent can not be held down. I think there's such a great curiosity at the moment about them that we believe in this tour. Some European summerfestivals are writing us to book the band, whereas it's normally us, contacting all the festivals to get the progressive bands booked on those festivals.

For the US, the response to the band has simply been so great that we believe in the band/+Manticora to be able to pull this off without any significant loss of money. There's also the fact that we'll add a local band at each venue, dragging another 30 people to the show that might not have gone see it, hadn't it been for the local band.

Both Circus Maximus and Manticora are well aware that they will not be performing for millions of fans, but that the turn-out will be limited - we expect anything from 40 - 500. Both bands know it's hard work to build a name and that sometimes you need to take a chance to make it in this business. They could of course do the safe thing and play support shows in Europe for a larger band, but that would cost them more money than this US tour would, should no people attend the US dates! Yepp, the scene is not better in Europe than it is in the US/Canada. Several semi-big artists are playing for 20 people here as well.

Whether we like it or not, it's always a gamble and you have to start at some point. Circus Maximus and Manticora are taking the plunge and both bands are looking so much forward to kick a** at your venues.

To Doomsday Zach - no problem man. Everybody should have thick enough skin to take some criticism once in a while and so can we at Intromental as long as it's constructive, and I think yours is..:)

See you all at the shows.

Lars/Intromental

Well again Lars, I apologize for anything that may have come off as slander. I don't know y'all personally and I didn't mean to give anyone the impression that you guys are sitting on sacks of money while the bands starve :lol:

That would be badass though eh? hahaha

Thanks for the professional response too, and glad you could take it as criticism instead of a personal attack. Once again I really do hope it works out. I'm on the west coast so i doubt I'll have an opportunity to catch any shows, but again for anyone who does, buy a shirt or a cd at the show. The band will generally make more money off those items than ordering them online. Anyone who can, offer to take them to grab a burger or something. Not only do you get to hang with bands you like, but guys like this who are on tour always appreicate any way to save some money and generally like to get on the level of meeting the fans and chillin' with them.

edit: also, i'll admit that it looks to be a better situation for the bands than I assumed. I'm still skeptical, but oh well. Not my band, so i don't have to be convinced eh? :p

Well again Lars, I apologize for anything that may have come off as slander. I don't know y'all personally and I didn't mean to give anyone the impression that you guys are sitting on sacks of money while the bands starve :lol:
Backtracking are we? Like a dog with its tail between his legs :lol::lol: Didn't think the big cheese would stop in and comment on your little gripe against the management did ya?

Yeah... i totally turned around didn't I? I'm now saying the exact opposite because he happened to show up. You caught me.

I stated my opinion that this was a bad move, he came and defended his side, I said i can see his point, wish the bands well and still have doubts. BACKTRACKING LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER!!!

ugh. dumbass.

Wow.. Weak ROJ.:erk:

If they were doing some shows close to me I might go but, it doesn't look to be the case. I'm always game for giving bands like that support.

Don't like me huh? You're the motherfucker that pollutes this board with your bullshit about "OMFG SIMFUNNY ECKS OWES ME WHY HAVEN'T THEY UPDATED THEY PROMISED AND I HATE THEM SO THEY BETTER RELEASE SAMPLES AND SONG TITLES OR I'M TELLING". Your the jackass who kept messaging me on msn telling me i was a piece of shit because i don't like Halo 3 (seriously... i'll post that conversation when i get home and am on my computer). And what did i ever do other than call you out on your bullshit? Bite me.

For the last time, I stand by everything I said and all of my points are valid. You think it would do shit for me to get on Lars's "good side"? What the hell would that gain me? If you read the definition of "slander", it is "a malicious report or statement". So again, in that statement i was trying to say that it wasn't a personal attack, but yes, it was saying that i think the company was making a bad move.

Also, upon him giving his perspective (which is what discussion and debate is all about, not your bullshit approach of whining like a little bitch about everything and coming out swinging with personal insults right off the bat), yeah i think it's less of a suicide move, though it's still not the *best* move in my opinion, but that's their business, not mine.

Over and over you prove what a troll you are on this forum. It's absolutely astounding that you can keep up being a fuckbag for so long.

:p aw well. Saying that Circus maximus got completely fucked over by them and then the moment they show up apologize for dear life was very cowardly in my eyes, plus I don't really like that guy. Oh well.

Actually, what you witnessed is what I would call a civilized discussion. Notice how some form of respect and understanding was retained by both DDZ and L/I. Enter you. It turns into a pointless shitstorm.

Man, the comprehension skills around this place can be pathetic sometimes.

I saw no demeaning manor in the origional post of this topic, only a concerned viewpoint. The idea of someone from the management group reading it and responding was not only mentioned but I kind of got the feeling there was an open invitation, a little bait for some better perspective. I didnt see any backtracking either.

Don't like me huh? You're the motherfucker that pollutes this board with your bullshit about "OMFG SIMFUNNY ECKS OWES ME WHY HAVEN'T THEY UPDATED THEY PROMISED AND I HATE THEM SO THEY BETTER RELEASE SAMPLES AND SONG TITLES OR I'M TELLING". .

Wow someone got offended. Dude not everyone has to like you.. And for the record I never bitched about samples or song titles, I asked about a music video thats it. And for the whole Halo thing, you bashed the game and all those who play it so I took offence to it. And you seriously need to step off that pedestal for one second and take the giant dildo out of your raw sand filled asshole and learn that not everyone is going to like you and you have to deal with it.

Oh and while my being here is in question. Wtf is someone who has been quoted saying "I don't even like symphony x that much." even doing here in the first place?

Wow someone got offended.
And for the whole Halo thing, you bashed the game and all those who play it so I took offence to it.

Oh god I lol'd.

Alright, I distinctly remember you were involved in the bitchfest about how come there are no album updates and so on/so forth.

I come here because i've been coming to this forum and been an active part since the end of 2002, so for the better part of 5 years. Over time, my tastes have changed and i'm not as big of a fan of the band as i used to be. Big deal. I still flew to New York to see them and to meet some of the forumers, I've actually met many of the forumers in real life and made a lot of friends that way in a real world sense. The forum has been a great thing in my life, so while i may not try to memorize every little bass line and guitar lick, and i may not care to discuss if romeo is better than _______, i still love and respect the band for bringing people together from all over the world. I don't expect you or anyone else to understand that, and you won't.

As for people not liking me, that's nothing new and i can assure you that it's no hair off my taint if you don't like me, or anyone else here. I also don't believe in holding grudges simply for the sake of. I've come on good terms with many people who i may have not seen eye to eye on certain subjects or who have rubbed me the wrong way (and vice versa) because we have proven to be decent human beings at some point.

I don't care to cover this any further. You're not going to agree with me, you're not going to be cool with anything i say and it's just going to continue to drag this thread into another quagmire of bullshit.

Oh god I lol'd.

Alright, I distinctly remember you were involved in the bitchfest about how come there are no album updates and so on/so forth.

Well you are distinctly wrong. I hardly EVER post on this forum and when that whole album update uproar I was only a keen observer. I didn't rlly need it seeing how I already got my fix early through other sites via unofficial information but was assured was the right kind. And as for everything else you said, w.e I dont rlly care.