Map Editing.

Theredintheskyisours

It is ours you know.
Apr 27, 2003
South Lyon, Michigan, USA
Visit site
O.k. so I was thinking that as for an accentive in joining our Clan, I would create a few special maps in the map editor of Rome: Total War. Maybe TB666 would be interested in creating a few himself.

What I was thinking, was I was going to try and recreate a historical version of a part of Rome itself. Now in doing that I am going to need a few good maps that show what buildings were what in ancient Rome. Or at least I need map that shows the complete topography of Rome itself. I have made a bunch of maps in the map editor of Medieval: Total War, so I have a little experiance in creating maps. So if anyone could help me out with this, I will have it done as soon as possible.

This is of course if Rome: Total War's map of Rome is historically inaccurate! In that case I will build the city of Carthage or some other major city.

Yes, exactly! But I preferably want it to be one of those Topographical maps that show the heights of the surrounding area. I'll try to fit it onto one map, and if not, you'll have to download the others. I am also thinking about creating a fantasy maps similar to the ones you see in the Lord of the Rings movies. The maps are supposedly going to be easier to create in Rome: Total War, which is great news since maps in Medieval: Total War were kind of hard to create correctly.

Thanks dezar, that is an excellent map. This is going to take well over a week to complete, but I'll try to have a few exclusive maps for our Clan as soon as possible. It would be pretty cool if you guys could also create a few maps as well. Though, I don't know how to upload stuff to the server, I will know how to eventually, that is if Deron doesn't mind us using server space.

Oh you are awesome! Thanks so much! I think that may b sufficient to build an accurate Rome!

That is if Creative Assembly creates a historically inaccurate Rome hehe! This would be in case you cannot use Rome as a map in multiplayer.

Have a good nights sleep! It's 3:38 AM over here and I too need some rest!