Marshall 1w JVM

Utterly pointless IMO. The 100 watt JVM can be played at ridiculously low volumes for practice if need be, I do it all the time. Expensive shit for collectors, but your mileage may vary...

My amp stays home, don't have a rehearsal room ;)

If I did, it would likely be in my home though, however, you can get some free impulses and vsts and practice on them. Are they really gonna cram all the necessary preamp tubes into that thing? Something tells me no way. And I'd gladly bet one of these new will cost more than a decent used 100 watter with a good master volume.

But then again I haven't heard a single low watt amp I've liked as much as a full on four power tube beast so I cannot be convinced by this by default.

Utterly pointless IMO. The 100 watt JVM can be played at ridiculously low volumes for practice if need be, I do it all the time. Expensive shit for collectors, but your mileage may vary...

Yes but you can't get the power amp really working at low volumes can you? To me the whole Marshall sound is about getting the power amp roaring. Thats really the whole point of these amps imo.

One thing I will say though is that I've found the EL84 based mini amps to be lacking a bit in low end grunt, this is one area where I think having a higher wattage head really helps.

I've fucked around with one of those, and I can pretty safely say it sounds absolutely fucking horrible. The reverb on the video hides a bit of the shrill, ear-piercing tonal quality, but trust me, it's utterly worthless save for the "cute toy" factor.

This.
I will kill a motherfucker if I ever have to see one of those pieces of shit again

Finally some video (at least the first I've seen - not that I've searched, just stumbled over this one while searching for NAMM 2012 videos).

Attack of the mini Marshalls...... Marshall Amps 50th Anniversary JTM1, JMP 1, JCM 800, DSL 1, and JVM 1 Demos

Last edited by a moderator:
Found another one posted yesterday:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P2OmLNUAvE&[/ame]

They all capture that Marshall sound thats for sure. I'm really digging the first one, the JTM 1 quite a bit, as well as the JCM 800. I can see my Tax return flying out of my hands this year between several things I find interesting on the market :)

Looks like they're going to be about £480 over here. A bit on the expensive side to be honest but shit me I still want one of them 800's. Really want to hear the DSL and JVM versions too.

checking the vids out now; but i think if i had to make a purchase this year id be more interested to see what Satriani and marshall have done with the JVM provided its not TOO expensive. However if i dont end up buying a head this year id be interested in the 1W JCM800 though i am still having hard time believing you can get results with a 1 W amp. maybe the vids will prove me wrong?.. (when theyre done dl)