Martin Lopez' health

I've heard it's some rare blood disease on genetic basis...

Martin, you hang in there! Hope you get back to full health soon!

'blood disorder' is incredibly vague, but I think it's fairly obvious why it is all that they would give out at this time. I hope it's not too serious.

Everyone is right about the blood disorder. I also read the Opeth interview in the current issue of 'Revolver' magazine. According to that the poor guy also suffers from regular anxiety attacks. Opeth had to reschedule some dates because of it in fact. I hope he'll get better from that as well.

Rare blood disease? That's horrible. I'm so sad for Martin! I hope your health returns to you soon, my favorite drummer of all time! We love you, Martin! (not that you're reading this or anything) Man, I really hope Martin is able to make the Philly date.

I've got much love and respect for the guy, I also suffer from anxiety attacks and they are nasty. Get Well Soon...

I'd like more specific info on his illness, but it seems to me that ML and/or the band wish to keep it private, and I respect this.

Anxiety sucks. I've had a bout with anxiety myself. It's horrible! You feel tension all over, you can't sleep. It can be quite debilitating. I had it when my job was putting an enormous amount of pressure on me. Basically too much work to do for one person, exhaustion from working so hard/long hours, no one to help, constant increasing demands, and disaster clearly looming in front of you if you didn't accomplish projects you had no time to do. Everyone had stock options riding on the success of the company. In a real way, if you failed, you let down all those people and their families. The weight of that riding on your shoulders. A recipe for anxiety.

I actually developed physical symptoms such as tendonitis and required physical therapy. I still managed to tough my way through and keep the wheels on until, finally, the company hired some more people to help me and take over some of the jobs I was doing.

The whole experience left some mental scars I'm still not completely over today (I sometimes suffer some anxiety when presented with a large project, etc, with a lot of responsibility). It has also taught me to never let anyone put me in a situation like that again.

I wouldn't wish that sort of mental pain on my worst enemy, let alone ML. I wonder what is causing ML's anxiety ? Perhaps his health coupled with the pressure to perform well and not let the band down ?

I hope he conquers all this.

Yeh. Turned into a bit of a novel. Anxiety sucks though. You can even be concious of it and know it's useless to feel that way, be perfectly reasonable about your situation, and still have the anxiety! It's sort of like losing control of part of your brain !