Maryland Deathfest VI update

Dec 1, 2005
NYC
www.smnnews.com
The festival organizers for the annual Maryland Deathfest have posted the following update regarding next year’s show, which will take place from May 23rd to May 25th at the Sonar in Baltimore, MD:

"The first 21 bands for MDF VI have already been confirmed. The current list of all confirmed bands for MDF VI is as follows:

Grave - Sweden
Monstrosity - Florida
Repulsion - Michigan
Macabre - Illinois
Martyr - Canada
Deranged - Sweden
Impaled - California
Squash Bowels - Poland
Fuck...I'm Dead - Australia
Phobia - California
Hellnation - Kentucky
Disavowed - Netherlands
Gadget - Sweden
Defeated Sanity - Germany
Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition - France
Torsofuck - Finland
Coffins - Japan
Japanische Kampfhörspiele - Germany
Ghoul - Creepsylvania
Gruesome Stuff Relish - Spain
The Day Everything Became Nothing - Australia
Waco Jesus - Illinois
Sleep Terror - California
Engorged - Oregon
Behold...the Arctopus - New York
The Arson Project - Sweden
Afgrund - Sweden
Infected Malignity - Japan
Keitzer - Germany
Kalibas - New York
Defeatist - New York
Copremesis - New York
Decrypt - Indiana

We'd also like to make it known that MDF VI will be a 3 day event. Friday the 23rd of May will no longer be considered a pre-fest, but rather the first day of the festival and will be made just a bit longer. You can expect the first day of MDF (Fri, 23rd) to begin around 6 PM and finish around midnight. The Saturday and Sunday of the fest can expect to start at the same time as previous years in the early afternoon. We expect to confirm approximately 36 bands in total for MDF VI that will span the 3 days, and once all bands have been announced tickets will go on sale. You will be able to purchase tickets by individual day, 3 day pass, and Saturday/Sunday only.

Furthermore we have received news that a permit is in possession of Sonar to block off the street in front of Sonar during MDF VI. One of the biggest advantages of the permit is that it will allow us to have food vendors outside to make it even easier for you to buy food during the festival. Stay tuned for the next band announcements. There are still a lot of great things in the works."

You can discuss the festival at its official forum here:

http://www.smnnews.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=150

yeah, it looks like checking out. i wonder how much the trip would cost

also, where is "Creepsylvania" hahaha
~gR~

also, where is "Creepsylvania" hahaha
If they told you, they'd have to kill you.

ghoul057_352261.jpg

My friends and I are planning a road trip to Maryland to go see this right after graduation. Should be killer.

I guess I have no excuse not to go, being only a state away.

I wonder how many UMFers are going to be there in total. This should be pretty fucking awesome. :kickass: