Mattias Eklundh at his best....

Well, since I have been listening to a ton of Freak Kitchen and Freak Guitar, I felt like putting up this post....

I'd say:
La Bamba
Insert Coin
(Friday Afternoon) In a Galaxy Far Away...
and Smoke on the Water

but I also haven't heard all of his Freak Kitchen stuff...only the Freak Guitar and select tracks from a couple of Freak Kitchen albums...

You so need to get yourself some Freak Kitchen cds! Get Move and Dead Soul Men and Appetizer and Spanking Hour and..oh hell, get them all.

Now, that is the topic I wait for :)
Mattias Eklundh is such a talented guitarist, that if he is invited to any "G3", he would kick Vai and Satriani easily. He also plays very melodic in style. He is one of my favorite guitarists. Just listen to "ketchup is a vegetable".

PS: "He also sings great". Check out Freak Kitchen.

I have to agree with Vai quote....I have seen a clinic video of Mattias Eklundh and I'll go out on a limb and say he MAY be the true guitar god. This guy can get sounds out of a guitar like I have never heard, and he uses basically NO effects. Hell, Steve Vai signed him to his own record label. One thing is for sure, he is the most underrated guitar player out. Anyway just my two pennies!! :wave:

I have to agree with Vai quote....I have seen a clinic video of Mattias Eklundh and I'll go out on a limb and say he MAY teach old Steve a trick or two. This guy can get sounds out of a guitar like I have never heard, and he uses basically NO effects. Hell, Steve Vai signed him to his own record label. One thing is for sure, he is the most underrated guitar player out. Anyway just my two pennies!! :wave:

Am i the only one who thinks that this guy is not so cool?? Yeah, he plays fast and does some nifty sounds, but when it comes to real playing... The opening song to his video comes to mind...

PS: He does have some cool songs, I just think he's overrated.

Freak Kitchen are THE SHIT. Get Move and Dead Soul Men now!!!! In a few weeks the new cd will be out too. IA is a genius.
My fave FK songs are

Ugly Side of Me
Gun God
Hateful Little People
Spanking Hour
Propaganda Pie
Silence

FG songs

Lisa's Passion for Heavy Metal
Evil Dhower
The Grey Hat of Compramise
Satanic Moonwalk

and all of TRLT.

Mattias rules! Found out about Freak Kitchen after looking for some Zappa stuff on Napster. Been a fan ever since. Don't know how they slipped under my radar. He's got a bucket load of chops going for him, and plays so many different styles. If there is a God, Glenn will invite Freak Kitchen to one of his Prog Power fests eventually, I hope. Keep checking NoneRadio.com and you can hear Mattias with another multi-talented guitarist named Mike Keneally ripping on some Zappa tunes, live in studio, AND you'll laugh your ass off.
If you think he's overrated, I'll quote some PoS fans here-
"You just don't GET it"
:devil:

Demonspell said:
I didn't understand what the fuss surrounding this band was, despite Mattias' excellent solos, until one day I found myself getting hooked and listening to Move quite often...hateful Little Poeple would have to my favorite.

I actually hurt myself headbanging to this song shortly after Move came out...

ElPredicador said:
Am i the only one who thinks that this guy is not so cool?? Yeah, he plays fast and does some nifty sounds, but when it comes to real playing... The opening song to his video comes to mind...

PS: He does have some cool songs, I just think he's overrated.
I agree with you. He plays some good tricks etc. but if you play only tricks, that doesn't sound very good........ And guys..... c'mon "mattias eklund kicks vai and satriani"........NO WAY!!!!

PS:He is overrated

You just don't like him because he's a SWEDE! :lol:
Satch hasn't done ANYTHING remotely interesting since The Extremist, Vai is resting on his laurels, and his song writing is suffering because of it. One word for Vai's recent compositions - BOR-ING! As a performer, Vai is one of the best. I've been a fan of his since his early Zappa days. IA rocks, and I'd LOVE to see him do G3, Maybe I'd actually have a reason to go!