Maudlin of the Well dissing Opeth

You mean about this thread? Give me a break, there are like 19 or 20 posts saying "this guy is a dick, his band is shit, i assume this or that about his intentions" before I even made one reply. You guys sound like you made up your minds what to think about me before this thread even started.

FuSoYa said:
You mean about this thread? Give me a break, there are like 19 or 20 posts saying "this guy is a dick, his band is shit, i assume this or that about his intentions" before I even made one reply. You guys sound like you made up your minds what to think about me before this thread even started.

Hey, you have every right to be mad, it's just you could have made them look even more foolish (if that's possible) if you had handled your responses differently.

Toby = "ooh Meekal Aaaakerfeldt! You've unleashed da focking FJOORY!"

Mike Akerfeldt = "heh I have way more money than you because my band doesn't suck"

Toby = "slurp, slurp, slurp, slurp"

Mike Akerfeldt = "What are you doing?"

Toby = "Wanking"

Mike Akerfeldt = "Why?"

Toby = "Because I am a wanker"

Mike Akerfeldt = "Oh".

Toby = "Did I mention tha-..."

Mike Akerfeldt = "sorry to interrupt, I'm off on another tour"

Toby = "But Opeth aren't a hard working band *slurp, slurp*

Mikael = "I wrote Orchid, Morningrise, My arms your hearse, Still life, Blackwater Park, Deliverance and Damnation, and I'm also in bloodbath. Don't forget about Sorgskogen either. Though no-ones ever actually heard it."

Toby = "slurp, slurp"

Mikael = "Bye Toby. Good luck with Gayo Squat"

Toby = " slurp, slurp, slurp slurp"

Mikael = *leaves*

Toby = "slurp, slurp, slurp.... mmm, that flute looks slightly phallic. I wonder............ slurrrrrrrrp slurrrrrrrrrrp GHNNNGG UNGGGGH UHHHH *pop* slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp"

toby - ohh vwhats dhat schmell meekal ?

mikael - why thats you sucking serious ass

toby - oh right...slurp slurp

mikael - whats that noise

toby - tis me jhurkeeng off a cow

mikael - oh.

<<<long silence here >>>>

mikael - why did you call your band that?

Neurotomania said:
Toby = "ooh Meekal Aaaakerfeldt! You've unleashed da focking FJOORY!"

Mike Akerfeldt = "heh I have way more money than you because my band doesn't suck"

Toby = "slurp, slurp, slurp, slurp"

Mike Akerfeldt = "What are you doing?"

Toby = "Wanking"

Mike Akerfeldt = "Why?"

Toby = "Because I am a wanker"

Mike Akerfeldt = "Oh".

Toby = "Did I mention tha-..."

Mike Akerfeldt = "sorry to interrupt, I'm off on another tour"

Toby = "But Opeth aren't a hard working band *slurp, slurp*

Mikael = "I wrote Orchid, Morningrise, My arms your hearse, Still life, Blackwater Park, Deliverance and Damnation, and I'm also in bloodbath. Don't forget about Sorgskogen either. Though no-ones ever actually heard it."

Toby = "slurp, slurp"

Mikael = "Bye Toby. Good luck with Gayo Squat"

Toby = " slurp, slurp, slurp slurp"

Mikael = *leaves*

Toby = "slurp, slurp, slurp.... mmm, that flute looks slightly phallic. I wonder............ slurrrrrrrrp slurrrrrrrrrrp GHNNNGG UNGGGGH UHHHH *pop* slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp"

I think this flute obsession is really unhealthy man.. get checked.

maudlin of the cock

god I love how everything eventually degenerates.

maudlin of the ass

AH HA HA HA

come on, someone post a really intelligent post. say WHATEVER you like make me look as stupid as you want.

you could even say "you're doing a good job of that by yourself" if you wanted to be really clever. I'm just going to keep on posting the words

ASS

COCK

and

POO

I simply dont know what to say...I havent heard Maudlin Of The Well at all....(but i think ill have to check em out...) but ya know, i dont like it when people slam Opeth because Opeth is just...i dunno, stand alone...I think that if they were as great if not better, then maybe they can get away with slamming Opeth but i havent heard em.....But from the looks of things its not like something hideously stupid like Korn or something dissing them...then id be fucking angry...

Smitty said:
I love maudlin about as much as you, but you have to admit, Toby is being VERY immature about this...

Thats why I pointed out that EVERYONE should die. If everyone dies, then it doesn't matter who was being immature and people can't be dicks anymore, cos they'll all be not living. :tickled:

Opeth and Maudlin of the well are equally as unique as each other. I haven't heard a lot of maudlin of the well, but out of curiosity I downloaded some and found it very pretentious and dull. I'm very open to new music and I'll give anything a listen, I just thought it was pretty poor. It doesn't take a genius to see that this toby character, though not offensive in his inital comment (though I disagree, opeth songs flow excellently - half the point of opeth is the dynamics involved, any fan can tell you what... maybe orchid cuts abruptly from one dynamic or passage to the next, (and maybe the occasional song, drapery falls for instance) but to say they simply stick bits together is obviously wrong. Toby may not know the power of juxtaposition, but most of us (and clearly opeth) seem to. My two personal favourite Opeth albums are Still Life and MAYH, because of the seamless and gorgeous mix of great dynamics, great visual imagery, atmosphere and mood - how much more sorrowful can you get. When Maudlin of the well can make me feel the way akerfeldt does with the line 'just one second, and I was left with nothing' or the finishing solo's of white cluster - the "what would they care, if I had stayed" section of godheads lament, the beautiful solo's of a fair judgement, the quietly introspective tones of hope leaves.... I'll start paying his fevered little arguments some attention. Each to his own, I can't personally see anything interesting about Motw, or Toby. At least Akerfeldt just comes onto the forum, swears a lot and then disappears for three months - the way it should be.

bunny.jpg

Reactions: ChromeLife
It's funny that Maudlin says that about Opeth, because while it's true that Opeth just writes parts and arranges them, Opeth is about 1000000000x more cohesive than Maudlin.

FuSoYa said:
Also I would like to remind you all that you dudes got mad because I said I think Opeth cut and paste their sections together.

Think about that for a second.
The real reason why they got pissed off is because you assigned negativity to "cut and paste" through your choice of words. If you do not realize this, then you should take a few English classes.

Reactions: NAD
FuSoYa said:
Greg didn't make that comment about Opeth, I did. So direct your comments towards me and not my band members.

So a musician is expected to be more restrained, polite, emotionally repressed, etc than someone who isn't a musician? Placing the musician on a pedestal and expecting them to be on a level above normal function is starry-eyed and contributes too damn much to stultifying music fans and subcultures (such as this forum here). If you immediately think that Mikael is going to be your friend because you like his band, you are wrong. He probably thinks most of you are huge dorks and babies.
Hey, something I can completely agree on. :)
FuSoYa said:
Incidentally, Opeth has publicly stated many times that they don't work hard, that they're lazy, that they don't rehearse, etc. To state that Opeth has worked just as hard as any other band is uneducated speculation.
This is true for their 3 previous albums. Before they had released Orchid, however, they spent 5(?) years practicing and trying to create a sound of their own before releasing anything or earning money from their music. I would say that they have worked just as hard, maybe even harder than most bands. But of course, they have been slacking off for the past few years. Im sure you are not working as hard now as you were when you just started... right?
FuSoYa said:
And declaring jealousy is also not correct. I would like for music I make to open people's minds a bit -- if my music ever induced the same zombified dicksucking that Opeth's music has evoked in many of you, I think I would die from having puked too many times.
Your other band member has confirmed that you guys have zombified dicksucking fans. Die now.

Take away what band member criticised what band... this musician took a shot at a band for no apparent reason, and the criticism itself was compeltely ridiculous. Cut and paste? I guarantee you A LOT of bands do this. Completely a weak, baseless and unprovoked criticism.

Although, I have to say he did a nice job garnering some attention for his band.