May 1st - Starland Ballroom

Bleh, none of the greatness he mentioned a while back that they were rehearsing. What was the Enslaved setlist?

Heir Apparent
Ghosts of Perdition
Godheads Lament
The Leper Affinity
Credence
Hessian Peel
Closure
The Night and the Silent Water
Lotus Eater
--------------
Deliverance

I think that's how it went. I was a little dissapointed with the setlist, but they played great, tightest i've seen them

Also Mike said they would be taking a break from touring next year to work on a new album, and he asked if we had Swine flu.

Random Guy - "Mike do you have the chicken pox?"
Mikael - "No, do you have the swine flu?"

Not really at all...the one before this was much heavier. (In heaviness: SPD > GHL, TGC > GOP, DOTF >>> Credence, only change for more heaviness is Leper over Drapery)

Setlist:

Enslaved:

To the Coast
Fusion of Sense and Earth
RUUN
As Fire Swept Clean the Earth
Ground
The Watcher
Isa

Opeth:

Heir Apparent
Ghost of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
The Leper Affinity
Credence
Hessian Peel
Closure
The Lotus Eater
Deliverance

Amazing show. Enslaved was kind of drowned out whenever there was double bass, and their set should have been longer IMO, but they were nonetheless incredibly badass. Opeth was up to their usual standard of extremely high quality. The sound for their set was MUCH better. The jam on Closure was the best it's ever been (they really took it to a new level), and seeing them play Hessian Peel in front of an audience for the first time ever was incredible. They actually (kind of) played the intro to GoP for the first time, and hearing them pull out Credence, Leper and Godhead again was great. Fred did a ridiculous impromptu solo at the end after chugging some beer. Overall, great night.

Yes but I wanted to say that because then I could use soup in a sentence on the Opeth forum right now here in this moment

Correct. I was rather surprised by TNATSW. I was really expecting Advent, Beneath the Mire, or Wreath... nonetheless, they played so well that I can't complain about a thing.

Heir Apparent
Ghosts of Perdition
Godheads Lament
The Leper Affinity
Credence
Closure
Hessian Peel
Lotus Eater
--------------
Deliverance

Hessian Peel was in between Credence and Closure, but other than that, this set list is exact.

Just got back from the show. 5th Opeth show i've been to, and i'd probably rank it second. I was right on the rail, in between Mike and Mendez (just where I wanted to be, i've been on Fredricks side for the last 3 shows), I gave Mendez the devil horns and he always acknowledged me which was awesome. To be honest, at parts I would just sit and stare at Mendez's playing and just be in awe, he's pretty much my bass idol and I picked up a bass partly because of him. I was pretty surprised to see he swapped out the Marcus Miller J-bass for a plain old white J-bass, and of course he rocked the 5-string for the watershed songs.

The setlist was kind of a disappointment. I was really looking forward to Harlequin Forest, Blackwater Park, or Burden to be played, but instead a lot of the stuff that got played last tour was repeated. Other than that though, Leper Affinity was awesome, probably my favorite song of the night. Godhead Lament was sick as well. I think they should definitely swap out Credence with Burden and Closure with something else. Hessian Peel was nice to see live, oh and he did not sing the backwards lyrics by the way (I know babymilk was asking about that in another thread).

The crowd was nice too, no assholes screaming during soft parts, everyone seemed to be really into the music. Enslaved was a great opener, I couldn't have asked for anyone better to open for Opeth. The bass was incredibly loud though, but then again I was right under the speaker stack so maybe it was just me. Mikes vocals were kind of low during the end few songs too, not sure what happened there. They definitely were playing tighter than ever, and they improved a little in certain parts. The end of TNATSW was a little more jazzy instead of heavy like it was last tour, which sounded really cool, the Lotus Eater interlude was a tad bit different too.

I took a bunch of pics that you guys can check out if you want, most of them were taken with my iphone, but theres a few good ones in there.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2011124&id=1340370187&l=bf80f81fa5

Just got back. Third time I've seen them and probably the best. They get tighter and tighter every time around. The Credence jam was incredible, and Mike started playing the main theme from Hendrix's Third Stone From the Sun during it. Awesome show. Will post in more detail tomorrow, but talked to Mike after the show and he said they were supposed to play Burden tonight but since it was the first show of the tour they wanted to ease into it. More notes tomorrow. Must sleep.

so .. no harlequin or karma.

fucking weak setlist! i hope they will play other songs, when they are in germany -.-