May 1st - Starland Ballroom

I can't complain. The only thing that separates this from a perfect setlist, imo, is Demon and Under The Weeping Moon. I sure hope they don't stop playing Godhead's Lament before after their show in Norway in september. Opeth, please don't stop playing GL?

Will be going to Montreal's show tomorrow.

Setlist looks somehow disappointing on paper, but since it'll be my first Opeth show ever, I guess it won't matter at all once I'll be there live.

Can't wait!

The set list seems quite good - we can all find a song or two we'd rather see, but they have changed about six songs, or half of the set, compared to the last fall, and not many bands would do that. Last two times that they have toured in the US, they did not play Ghost of Perdition, Godhead's Lament, Closure, Creedence, Hessian Peel and Leper Affinity.

The setlist is great really - the only complaint is that Mike said that only one song would remain from the last U.S. setlist - that was bullshit - and he sorta hinted at possibilities of Karma, Burden, Harlequin Forest, or the Moor - all of which, were bullshit. Essentially its disappointment because of too much good hype.

was hoping for baying of the hounds or blackwater park, but whatever, good setlist overall.

the show was great, wasn't a big fan of the people who surrounded me.

i had some kid yelling at the top of his lungs about "farts" and "swine flu". but overall the setlist was great, sound was top notch, and my highlight of the night was definitelty Godheads Lament.

So much for "only one song from last U.S. tour's setlist" eh? I count 4 :)

They came twice to North America last year for Watershed. First time was on the Progressive Nation Tour supporting Dream Theater. On one of the "off nights", they came to Montreal and the setlist was:

Demon Of The Fall
Master's Apprentices
The Baying Of The Hounds
In My Time Of Need
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid The Disease
Wreath
Heir Apparent
The Drapery Falls

So if Mike was refering to this first North American leg, then he was right, only Heir Apparent is still part of the current setlist.

This will be my 7th time seing Opeth tomorrow night and half of the songs that they are supposed to play I never heard live:

Godhead`s Lament
Credence
Hessian Peel
The Night and the Silent Water
The Lotus Eater

Fuck Yeah !!!

:heh:

the show was great, wasn't a big fan of the people who surrounded me.

i had some kid yelling at the top of his lungs about "farts" and "swine flu". but overall the setlist was great, sound was top notch, and my highlight of the night was definitelty Godheads Lament.

same here. we were probably close. was he all deathcore'd out? probably.

Does anyone remember the name of the Swedish jazz musician Mike was talking about from which he "ripped off" the vocal intro to The Lotus Eater. I remember the name of the album he suggested we all check out being called "Jazz in Swedish", but I can't seem to find any info on it.

Does anyone remember the name of the Swedish jazz musician Mike was talking about from which he "ripped off" the vocal intro to The Lotus Eater. I remember the name of the album he suggested we all check out being called "Jazz in Swedish", but I can't seem to find any info on it.

Jan Johansson, father of Anders (drummer) and Jens (keyboards) Johansson who used to play with Yngwie Malmsten (now Hammerfall and some Finnish power metal-band).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Johansson