Maybe you americans are crazier than us level headed ozmen...

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
Whats' the craziest thing you've done so that you could make it to a gig?

I sold one of my guitars so i could see alarum :lol:

I took a week of unpaid vacation to go to Wacken '00. Then spent over $600 on CDs & shirts when I was there. I was only making $500 a week at the time. Lets say I was quite broke after that. Still haven't recovered! :lol:

hmm i dont think ive ever had to do anything crazy. i just get a ticket and go haha. ive gotten really fucking lost on the way to some gigs before though. never had to sell any of my shit thankfully haha.
-neal

oh.... funny you are asking... i did something crazy once, to see KISS live...
(kiss is my fav band)
they played a gig in September 2000 in Montreal, Canada and i live in Toronto, so i basicly took a ride on a hippie Van with some idiots from my hood (god what a wierd ride that was.... 7 hours i thought im going to die 1000 times... they had more weed than brain cells thats for sure.. )
anyhoo, when i fially got there, and saw the gig (it was AMAZING needless to say)
i stood at the backstage for another 3 hours to wait to Gene Simmons, he showed up for 5 seconds, i shoock his hand, just to realise that those damn hippies (oh, and i mean it- they are hippies... like retro ones... eew... smelly too... )
forgot me and left to Toronto without meeee! *weaps*
... (what did i tell ya? no brain cells)
so you know what i did? a TO girl all alone in the big city of Montreal?
i took a flight back, payed fucking 300$, and that is the most crazy thing i have ever done to get to a gig.

oh, thanks for asking, it was a GREAT show
:)

Dead Lioness, that was a pretty fine and a colourfull adventure. :D (I, for instance, didn't have to go with hippies to see Nevermore, but the driver of the van, a guitarist in an 60's band, got very thursty after few km's of the highway, so he drank the half of the beers the guys had, and in the end he ended up with us in Vienna in the cafe above the hall, drinking again. but he was very nice. took our coats back to the van.... :D on the way back he spent half an hour in the toilet on the highway. I was the only one who realized that we're not moving. :lol: )

I had a bunch of friends drive down from NH to Boston to catch a show...everyone drank like a fish except one guy who was the designated sober driver, on the way back, he rolled the van. All the drunks bounced around inside and the driver snapped his neck, killing him instantly. The drinkers all survived; the sober guy died.

There is a moral in there somewhere.:mad:

dont be the DD. not only can it kill you, its no fun. hanging out with drunk people when you're sober its pretty anoying haha. hanging out with drunk people when you're stoned is ok though because you can laugh at how retarded they are and further prove to yourself why bud is the best:D
-neal