MAYH Bashing

JesusChristPose

Logic Dictates
Oct 20, 2001
Pittsburgh, Pa
There is not one song on MAYH that is not better than any of the worst songs listed from all of Opeth's other cds.

Yeah...that makes sense.

MAYH...it cannot be touched, so fuck off.

lol

im not so sure that did make sense actually!

it sounds like your saying MAYH songs are better than the worst Opeth songs? Which would translate to MAYH songs are at least average Opeth songs?

I thought you were going to bash it. I see you're just praising an album. MAYH has sounds and riffs I'll always remember as my first possession.

azdevil.gif

Yeah. MAYH great

This is sort of off topic but while were discussing MAYH did you ever notice (unless it's just my speakers) that when you listen to MAYH loud on your speakers or with heaphones you (or at least I) can detect some screeching in the background, kind of like a dial up internet. Maybe its the production or whatever but its real distracting from the music for me now...

Yeah...just what I said...godisanathiest got it, good.

Bash the best cd that Opeth has ever made?

May the Lord of Hosts send down his dove to shit a hot burning stool on your forehead.

when you listen to MAYH loud on your speakers or with heaphones you (or at least I) can detect some screeching in the background, kind of like a dial up internet. Maybe its the production or whatever but its real distracting from the music for me now...

i think i know what your talking about. on april ethereal there are those noises before it mellows out for the first time. i'm pretty sure those are just synth chords.

Originally posted by bleedingskeptic

i think i know what your talking about. on april ethereal there are those noises before it mellows out for the first time. i'm pretty sure those are just synth chords.

Could be, except I can hear it most of the way through even with headphones, it's probably just me. And the thing is it's not during any of the mellow parts. Only when it's distorted

Originally posted by bleedingskeptic

WHAT WHAT, These noises are prouduced by picking the acoustic guitar PPPrrrr, they are not dial ups PPPPpppppRRRrrrr and it´s cool to hear some acoustic picking under the disorted guitars PPPPrrrrRRRrrrrrrsssss
:rolleyes:

MAYH is Opeth's outcasted masterpiece. It's like the ugly duckling of the bunch. I love everything about that CD I think, from the unique atmosphere of the production, to the twisted riffage they manage to create. It always will be my most influential album I think, though I happen to be listening to SL more these days.

Although I don't consider MAYH their finest album (I still don't know which one is actually..), it's my favourite one since the moment I first listened to it.. it's so... umm... different! The concept, the lyrics, the title, the vocals, the angry riffs, the acoustic parts... u'll just love it or hate it..

Originally posted by TheMindzI
Although I don't consider MAYH their finest album (I still don't know which one is actually..), it's my favourite one since the moment I first listened to it.. it's so... umm... different! The concept, the lyrics, the title, the vocals, the angry riffs, the acoustic parts... u'll just love it or hate it..

Exactly, it puts you in different moods than any other Opeth album, it is a truly unique album.

The only absolute truth is that MAYH is one of the best albums ever.

Originally posted by Don Corleone
MAYH KIX ASS! cmon, those who try to bash it, give me one single solid reason and i will tear it down right away.

It is my least favourite Opeth album. I dislike the production. It's too murky.. too cloudy. See, this is what's known as an OPINION. It's still an amazing piece of music, but I happen to prefer Still Life to all other Opeth works. I just think it's better.

MAYH is the most structurally progressive, completely fucked up, and most brutal effort they've made and it is by FAR my favourite Opeth album. Actually, I'm pretty sure it's my fav album ever, the only one I maybe liked as much is Yes' Relayer, which is just fucking pure insanity!

I have big hopes that Mikael will go more in that direction on the next album. I think he pretty much did it with Leper Affinity, great tune, definitely worthy of appearing on mayh. I love that dark, psychedelic, intelligent, evil, and progressive insanity, fuck.

I LOVE the Amen Corner, what a fucking tune, in fact, I think this song deserves a round of applause. *clap clap clap*

Mikael is a fucking GOD and he is so good that he'll never be able to appreciate how good he really is, that's how fucking cool he is. I bow to his emotive brilliance. *bows*

Anyone who can invoke that sort of intensity of twisted pain/pleasure emotions in me literally freaks me out and earns the title of GOD in my opinion.

Satori

MAYH popped my Opeth cherry.. :lol:

Every aspect of it (including the much debated production) merely adds to the uniqueness and its overall splendor! I jump back and forth between my Opeth albums all the time. MAYH, that hunter green gem in my cd collection always calls me back..

(very tired, and just watched Moulin Rouge, feeling kind of Bohemian..)