MAYH Bashing

*yawn*

I really tire of you ass kissers.

MAYH is a nice album, but it is not 'perfect', and mikael is no 'god'.

Originally posted by DogVomit

It is my least favourite Opeth album. I dislike the production. It's too murky.. too cloudy. See, this is what's known as an OPINION. It's still an amazing piece of music, but I happen to prefer Still Life to all other Opeth works. I just think it's better.
well, yes, mayh isnt my fave album either (that is still life), but i happen to love it so much that i said that.

and trapped, i really hate you and your kind, you know you can always f*ck off if you're tired? do i really have to remind you?

Lina said,

"None of the other albums capture the combination of heavy-as-balls beauty the way MAYH does..."

- Heavy-as-balls beauty...that is a fucking quote to remember, and it describes in a nutshell (pun intended) MAYH perfectly.

godisanathiest,

Yes, I agree with that statement. The most diffiuclt to understand, henceforth the least liked. However, the when understood, it provides the biggest payoff of all their cds.

Could be, except I can hear it most of the way through even with headphones, it's probably just me. And the thing is it's not during any of the mellow parts. Only when it's distorted.

Maybe you've been logging on so much that you hear it, like when your ears ring from listening to music too loud. You've heard the log on noise so many times that it bounces around inside your ears for all of eternity!!! ;) j/k I can make myself hear noises all the time. I was thinking of what was said already, with the synth noises before the first quiet part, but now you're saying it’s only the quiet parts. I don't know man, maybe you've got Log On Syndrome... :err:

MAYH popped my Opeth cherry.. I always want to say this because it was the first one I got, but never did! Nice.. :lol: ...just watched Moulin Rouge, feeling kind of Bohemian. I saw that the other day. I didn't like it really. After it, I kept hearing myself singing the...THAT LOVE song they kept singing to each other...UGH!

I really tire of you ass kissers. Oh, I know. You're so tired...but yet, he reads on as if driven by some unseen force. It must be love. You know you love it. Have you always had a problem expressing your feelings of love? Don't be afraid of God Åkerfeldt. He's a wonderful god. Now worship or be gone with your evil self! ;)

FYI, its not ass kissing. We're not getting anything in return are we? It's actual feelings...oh, you know what it is. You just like being like that. Tough guy.

Originally posted by JesusChristPose
Yes, I agree with that statement. The most diffiuclt to understand, henceforth the least liked. However, the when understood, it provides the biggest payoff of all their cds.

Exactly, hence there being so many extremes, people who hate it, and people who love it, few who are indifferent to it. :)

Originally posted by Opet
Maybe you've been logging on so much that you hear it, like when your ears ring from listening to music too loud. You've heard the log on noise so many times that it bounces around inside your ears for all of eternity!!! ;) j/k I can make myself hear noises all the time. I was thinking of what was said already, with the synth noises before the first quiet part, but now you're saying it’s only the quiet parts. I don't know man, maybe you've got Log On Syndrome... :err:

Your right…I do have Log on Syndrome hehe. Really though I think it’s probably what mayh said about the picking under the distorted guitars, because it’s not during the quiet parts.:p

I like MAYH because it's more metal than their other albums. The only thing I don't like about it is Credence, it's too jazzy, and me no like jazz. The rest of the album rules, its my favorite Opeth album so far. The erst are as follows,
2. Orchid
3. Blackwater Park
4. Morningrise
5. Still Life

Numbers 3 & 4 are debatable. I like Orchid because it's also very metal. I don't like Still life because it's too soft; there are some cool parts in it, but overall it's too soft. Blackwater Park is a very cool album, but it also gets kind of soft at times. Morningrise just doesn't have enough songs on it. :p

number 1 = Morningrise
number 2 = MAYH

it was my first opeth album, and it was really the first metal album i ever bought. good stuff

Hey I notice we have some K! boarders here too, any of you guys have trouble accessing the site? Piece of shat!

Anyway, on-topic, I agree that MAYH is Opeth's most unique release, and for that reason there will always be an existance of this divide of 'Lovers' and 'Haters'.

Personally I'm a lover of it, however I think I'd still tend to agree with DogVomit that my fave (this week anyway :)) is Still Life. I have no idea why, nothing I can pin-point, I start listening to The Moor and I'm absolutely captivated and cannot move until the closing seconds on White Cluster!