mayh review from progarchives.com

Anyone could write a review, maybe not for a living, which i doubt the guy that did the MAYH review does. I prefer it when the reviewer gives an Honest and straightforward review. But that dude had no idea what he was talking about in SOME of his paragraphs.

I just sat down and wrote a brief and concise review of you. You may not entirely agree with it but I feel that it accurately reflects your personality as well as your intellectual capabilities and your ability to engage in a coherent discussion. Here it is:

You're an idiot.

I hope you enjoyed my review. I look forward to your constructive criticism. But remember, this is just my personal opinion so be gentle with me. I wouldn't want my sense of self-worth to dramatically drop because someone on the internet wasn't satisfied with my review and disagreed with me.

affinityband said:
I prefer it when the reviewer gives an Honest and straightforward review. But that dude had no idea what he was talking about in SOME of his paragraphs.
What in the hell makes you think his review is not honest and straightforward? It's his opinion. Get over it. Asshole.

CAIRATH said:
I just sat down and wrote a brief and concise review of you. You may not entirely agree with it but I feel that it accurately reflects your personality as well as your intellectual capabilities and your ability to engage in a coherent discussion. Here it is:

You're an idiot.

I hope you enjoyed my review. I look forward to your constructive criticism. But remember, this is just my personal opinion so be gentle with me. I wouldn't want my sense of self-worth to dramatically drop because someone on the internet wasn't satisfied with my review and disagreed with me.
Thanks for proving my point. You're just scared shitless of making a fool of yourself, hence you won't even try writing that review you claim everyone can.

You're fucked. I rest my case.

batmura said:
What in the hell makes you think his review is not honest and straightforward? It's his opinion. Get over it. Asshole.

Woah there, what was all that for, i wasnt having a personal dig at you. It was his honest opinion and what i have been stressing for the past 5 replys is that the sections i pointed out (if you have read them) About the sound being 'class' and the songwriting not up to par, then you will realise this is where he got the two things the wrong way round. Im not saying that he should love the songs but i was only saying that from my opinion the songs are awesome. But the sound, whichever way you put it cant be an opinon unless he istalking about the sound suiting the album(which it does). From a technical standpoint the sound is shit, which is why i made the comparison between the two.

That's cute, but you don't have a case. And I am not proving your point because you forgot to make one. The only thing you've done is argue something completely illogical and obviously incorrect and disregard every single one of my posts where I point that out and instead keep going on about me having to write a review which I already said I was not going to do.

I think I'll stop bothering now though. It was fun for a while. But this is about as futile as arguing the validity of the theory of general relativity with a retarded 6-year-old. I'll be sure to continue not reading a single one of your reviews as I can only imagine how riddled with logical flaws and inconsistencies they must be. And in order for me to value the opinion of someone else I have to respect them first. So it would be a waste of time to begin with.

I think the reviewer got a few things wrong... but overall i agree with him. While MAYH is a great album in itself, to me it's always seemed like a transition between Opeths earlier and present style.

man why do people have such retarded ego's on internet forums. who cares who can be a reviewer, who wrote the review whatever, just stfu, thats waht people are here to do is talk about opeth and at times criticize shit, because its fun, and we can. no one has to write a damn review.

and please dont try to one-up one another with subsequent arguing posts, its childish and extremely lame. no one is going to convert to your line of thought. they will read your rebuttal, and instantly try to think of something to respond back, even if they know they might be wrong. (by writing this i make an exception to the rule above, but i will not be making another post in response if this happens to get rebutted, which it probably will)

SHIT ARGUMENT

:p

btw, the clean vocals in dotf pwn. "runaway...runawaaaay, runawayy...just one second....etc

^ +1 :)

MAYH is just another Opeth masterpiece and I love every moment of it, it also happens to be Peter's favourite...

My favourite Opeth record is always changing :( such a fascinating band, they are the best...

TYSFM Guys for being Opeth, you rule :kickass: :D