Meaning of Opeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluff

New Metal Member
Jun 16, 2004
My best friend said that Opeth was spanish for the "angry flower". That's so cool. It makes since with the Orchid album.

Let me tell you what Opeth means. Imagine sitting on a big black stick, and the stick is spitting white cream on you. The smell of that white cream, thats called Opeth. Sounds weird but its true.

Opet is the city of the moon in Wilbur Smith's "the Sunbird". David Iseberg, Opeths first vocalist drew a logo that read "Opeth", Mikael Akerfeldt thought that was a neat logo for their group and decided to use it. David Iseberg created the word Opeth by adding the H to the ending of Opet. David Iseberg left in 91 and the meaning was unrevealed to Mikael till he read the book himself.

Man, you guys don't know what your talking about.. my best friend got the answer from Mikael himself!

shitthread3.gif

But its a good animation...

Ok this is either a false account or it is just some really stupid fucktard with a dumbass friend... Mike himself said it was from a book. This is the end of this thread, Moonlapse please kill it? Even if it is not OT...

Status
Not open for further replies.