Medicated Nation and Storm Detonation

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey, I'm sorry if this has been asked about, or answered before on here. Do any of you notice the resemblance between the opening riffs of Nevermore's 'Medicated Nation' and Zyklon's 'Storm Detonation'. It definately sounds like Nevermore borrowed that riff - what I'm wondering is, was it intentional?

there is definitely a strong resemblence. however, the riffs are played with a different style, different drum beats etc. i seriously doubt it was intentional. i mean, its just a few power chords chuggin along. ill bet theres a few other bands with very similar riffs to that one heh. both awesome songs though.

oh man. I"m gonna have to pull out the uber-brutal zyklon albums now.

thanks...I haven't had a listen to those in a few months.

Moonlapse said:
Hey, I'm sorry if this has been asked about, or answered before on here. Do any of you notice the resemblance between the opening riffs of Nevermore's 'Medicated Nation' and Zyklon's 'Storm Detonation'. It definately sounds like Nevermore borrowed that riff - what I'm wondering is, was it intentional?

I can answer that for you very easily, Jim Sheppard wrote this song and he never even has listened to Zyklon, so it's surely non intentional. I, however love Zyklon so now I have to pull out that disc and tell Jim he's a ripoff artist!!! hahaha This will be fun!!

Sentient 6 said:
I can answer that for you very easily, Jim Sheppard wrote this song and he never even has listened to Zyklon, so it's surely non intentional. I, however love Zyklon so now I have to pull out that disc and tell Jim he's a ripoff artist!!! hahaha This will be fun!!

Hahah LOL :p

Sentient 6 said:

Hehe, amazing how great songwriters think alike sometimes.