Meeting up in Istanbul

Turkish & Europian rock and heavy metal music fans know Mete Sohtaoglu
well and listen to his program “Beton” (Concrete) on
Acik Radio 94.9 FM ( www.acikradyo.com )(Digiturk Channel 406 ) every week on Sunday at
midnight for 8 years . The latest rock and heavy metal music
albums are on air first Sohtaoglu’s program in Turkey.
Beton is the best known Turkish radio program
internationally. Nearly 96 local and foreign record
companies are in cooperation to form the content of
the program.

Beton has been on air on Sunday's, at midnight,
between 00:00-02:00 hours for the last 8 years.

Beton, participated in Popkomm 1999 Music Sector Fair
upon the invitation of the organization committee to
represent Turkey as a hard’n’heavy music program.
Beton has been the promotion sponsor for all the
foreign rock concerts held in Turkey as well. Not only
the most famous musicians of Turkey but also many
famous worldwide musicians have taken part in the
program.

Among those who participated in the program are a
cartoonist, famous musicians and music groups, music
critics, journalists, etc.

Like :
New Model Army , Glenn Hughes , Joe Lynn Turner,Jethro Tull,
Ronnie James DIO ,DORO,Circle II Circle ,Paul Di Anno ,Vanden Plas,U.D.O.,Blaze Bayley ,Overkill,Slayer, Sentenced,Anathema,Moonspell,Katatonia,Atrocity,Liv Kristine,Orphaned Land,Rotting Christ,Opeth,Destruction ,Sepultura etc.

Dear Morticia NL ;

I'm a friend of one of the promoters of the concert.
They wanted me contact you via this forum to let you know that they can meet you at the airport and take you to the same hotel where also orphaneds will stay..(although angel of light has taken action before us :) ))
Some other friends like from austria,etc. will stay at the same hotel too.
so you can enjoy your trip with other orphaneds..

PLEASE CONTROL YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES AND E-MAIL FOR THE CELL PHONE OF THE PROMOTER!!!

see u soon hopefully..

Hi Lachrar,

Thanx, I learned yesterday that I wil now arrive on thursday the 27th. Some details of my trip changed at the last moment. Kobi already told me at which hotel they will be staying and it is about 5 minutes away from the hotel I booked- thank you for the friendly assistance.
I got your mail, so I have the phonenumber.

Thanx a million!!!

PS> Angel of light, got your number as well, so I will probably contact you. Here's my picture so you know what I look like>>>

Thank you very much Stavroula. You will be there with us in our thoughts!

Too bad Avi- but you can see all the shows you want in Israel and I can't. It is all too lucky for me that I have the money, time and opportunity to go see the shows now that OL did make it to Europe.
I will surely share my pictures and stories here with you guys and girls.

And Eran- I will see you again on my next trip to Israel and we can go see a show then.

Ahava,
Nathalie

WHAT- did we not meet up? I saw some turkish guys from the forum and talked to them. Yup- I was the only dutch and the only "natural" blonde present, you could not have missed me.

I would like to take the opportunity to say thanks to Tolga who did such an excellent job at promoting and arranging everything ( as far as I can be the judge) He also took great care of me and showed me round the place. You are truely a great host and great fellow.

C ya next time in Istanbul- I'll be back.

Kisses,
Nathalie.

i was about to say that i like blondes... i don't know why but after reading you, i have given up to say that emir : ) (maybe because of possible misunderstandings!)

and natje, right, it could be easly understadable that you are not from here. it should be a good felling to be unique somewhere : )

Xcuse me Emir- I did not forget about you. Somehow I was only thinking about the women in there- and don't get me wrong ok- hahahaha.

Cem, I want for people to think that I am unique because they like my personality, not because I stick out in any other way. Looks fade ( not saying I have em) but a great mind and personality stay with you all your life.

Right- we are geting mighty off topic again, it's my speciality you know. Let me post some of the pics from Istanbul...... in another thread....