Megadeth in Sydney!!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Well, I have a few points that I will post about the show.

1/ Believe it or not, i was thinking of not even going to the show all day before I decided to go. Id seen megadeth live on bootleg vids and they were a little boring on what id seen (Im glad I did go, but more of that later!) and it was a real pain for me to get there, (next time im just getting a hotel to stay at in the city, but ive digressed) so I was thinking of not bothering......i did go though (obviously!)

2/ Aces and coops, your friend Tania is one of the most beautiful women Ive *ever* seen! Wow is all I can say. Its depressing even being around a woman like that, she was absolutely stunning, lovely smile and everything...
*sigh* id best move on before I depress myself more.

(goes and puts on Iced Earth and finds the depression lessens slightly.....you knew id stick Iced Earth in there somewhere didnt you?)

3/ Megadeth were UNREAL! I dont know what it was, maybe Dave and the boys had some extra berocca, maybe they wanted to impress coops, maybe they were making up for 10 years without a show, but they ran around the stage and headbanged like it was going out of fashion, and I was RIGHT IN FRONT of dave and al when they did some solos, it was so cool!! (Yeah I know, I sound like a little kid, but you have to be grateful for the small things in life, the big ones may never come!) What a great show,i was really impressed, even the crap stuff of TWNAH sounded good (I HATE moto psycho, but for some reason it was awesome live........) I did get punched by the security guard by mistake though, it didnt hurt much though, it was only a glancing blow when he was attacking some nut who was trying to knock down a microphone.

4/ Sorry I didnt stay around to meet up with you all afterwards, I was in a really miserable depressing mood and wouldnt have been any fun to be around anyway, it was great to meet you all though, Crossy, you rule, even though we only shook hands and yelled at each other across the mosh pit, I could tell you were a top bloke :) (did you wear the edzilla tshirt? I couldnt tell, there were too many people in the way!)
Aces, what can I say about our young lad aces? (you are younger than 23 right ??) Blonde hair, Iron maiden tshirt and he wasnt even embarrased to be seen with me when we were in the line, I give him 5 stars :)
Coops, a legend as usual, came out to say hello to me even though he was allowed into the place for the soundcheck, which I thought was pretty cool considering how much he loves megadeth(I dont know if you guys realise, but he is a big deth fan, he may have mentioned it in passing?? :) )

So, if you guys in brisbane and melbourne get shows half as good as we got here you will be VERY happy im sure!

Spawny, you rule for showing up so early man!! I just wished I could let a few more friends in backstage, but I'm glad you enjoyed the show. It was everything I'd hoped it would be... and then some more. I also got a sore neck, sore ribs and chest and some shoulders and arms that feel like lead ballons... I dunno how the hell I'm gonna get through tonight in brissy.

It was great to meet Crossy and Ralphe even if it was just a shake of hands and a few words across the sea of people.

I'm just about to head to the airport. I'll see Mark, Bev, Tanya and Tonci in a few hours.

Cya from Sydney

Originally posted by Cooperman
Spawny, you rule for showing up so early man!! I just wished I could let a few more friends in backstage, but I'm glad you enjoyed the show. It was everything I'd hoped it would be... and then some more. I also got a sore neck, sore ribs and chest and some shoulders and arms that feel like lead ballons... I dunno how the hell I'm gonna get through tonight in brissy.

haha, I was only early because I had nothing else to do anyway :) I sat outside the theatre for 4 hours and then everyone turns up about 10 minutes beforehand! It was a sold out concert, i figured there would be a huge lineup hours before the show so I went early :lol: Oh well, in the end it didnt matter, but i got front row and thats what I wanted!

Anyway, yes, it was *excellent*, and im rather sore also!

2/ Aces and coops, your friend Tania is one of the most beautiful women Ive *ever* seen! Wow is all I can say. Its depressing even being around a woman like that, she was absolutely stunning, lovely smile and everything...

Yeh she's not too shabby eh ? ;) ...too bad she taken...

Aces, what can I say about our young lad aces? (you are younger than 23 right ??) Blonde hair, Iron maiden tshirt and he wasnt even embarrased to be seen with me when we were in the line, I give him 5 stars

Cheers Beers !! I had a Killer time see MEGADETH and meetin some fellow BBer's !

MFTB here i come !

Originally posted by Aces_High
Yeh she's not too shabby eh ? ;) ...too bad she taken...

MFTB here i come !

Are you coming across for MFTB aces??? I wouldnt have minded going to that if I lived a bit closer, dungeon, psi-kore and sunk loto were the 3 bands I wanted to see most!

Taken or not doesnt really matter as... (if I may put it very crudely, please turn away if you are easily offended!) a woman like that wouldnt piss on me if I was on fire! (Normal transmission has resumed, thank you for watching :) )

I had a good night...i didn't really get into megadeth that much (maybe it was because i had too much to drink..i haven't been that drunk in a long time) but it was great to have a beer with Ironcross and Mr Crowley and the other guys.Great to wave across the floor at Cooperman and Aces High.Shame i missed out on meeting Spawn(didn't know what he looked like).i ifnally got home about 6 in the morning after ending up in soem pub in Newtown after the gig.