Mellotronen 2008

I was wondering when this Mellotronen thread might emerge from
the surface : )

I've booked my melloticket too but not the flight.

Cis is coming too! : D

Nice to see people that are going :)

I personally really like Anekdoten, incredibly talented band. Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects were added, and Opeth and Katatonia are enough of an incentive. Sure, they may play festivals this summer also, but not in such an intimate and laid back atmosphere. I understand how some think it is expensive too, but 400 euros or so for two, weekend cruise, time in Helsinki and Stockholm, its a cheap spring vacation for me, probably not so exciting for those of you that live there and get to see these bands any time you want :p

yes!!
I love Thordedal, and hearing Sol my pals Wtihin live is going to be amazing!
(and i found on some site saying theat IA Eklund will be onstage with them also... two guitar gods on one stage..)

Nice to see people that are going :)

I personally really like Anekdoten, incredibly talented band. Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects were added, and Opeth and Katatonia are enough of an incentive. Sure, they may play festivals this summer also, but not in such an intimate and laid back atmosphere. I understand how some think it is expensive too, but 400 euros or so for two, weekend cruise, time in Helsinki and Stockholm, its a cheap spring vacation for me, probably not so exciting for those of you that live there and get to see these bands any time you want :p

Agreed. And I don't see why you should be compelled to go with someone
else or not at all? I'm going solo, myself... with the firm intention of seeing and meeting some great people : )

If I wasn't living in the states, I would be all over this! Katatonia, Opeth and Anekdoten are 3 of my favorite bands.