Mellotronen 2008

How much is it? Also, how long does it take to get a passport?

me and my girlfriend are rooming with two random swedish guys in a 4 person cabin, it ended up being $290 USD total for the two of us. It took me forever to get my passport over the summer to go to wacken, but i think times have shortened. I would get on the passport thing asap and also do an expedited application, which takes a little longer.

I wanna go, but I cant get any people to go with me really. It's prolly not happening

Hi

If you have trouble finding people to share a cabin with, please email info@mellotronen.com and we'll hook you up with nice fellow passengers. :)

See you there!

Besides Katatonia, Opeth and Comus, most bands on this festival are sorta boring, like Anekdoten for example, they do nothing for me.

Fair enough, but bear in mind that many bands who might do nothing for you on album might do a lot for you live. I know Anekdoten's very powerful live, with bass invading places you might not want it to, mellotron washing over you, etc... Promise and the Monster's quiet but intense in her own way, Mats and Morgan will do all sorts of weird things to you, I can guarantee that, especially with Thordendal, Hielm and Lars Hollmer at their sides. There will also be surprise performances and all sorts or people on board who play in bands that aren't playing the boat....I honestly think that even if you just go for Opeth, Katatonia and Comus, you'll walk away with one of the best experiences of you life by way of just them, and the multitude of people you'll meet on the boat.

There's also other stuff, like...saunas. Swimming pool. Record convention. Film festival featuring 70's Swedish naughty movies. Plenty places to get blotto. And face it, you'll be stuck on a boat for 40 hours with a couple of musicians you dig.

Worth it, you think?

me and my girlfriend are rooming with two random swedish guys in a 4 person cabin, it ended up being $290 USD total for the two of us. It took me forever to get my passport over the summer to go to wacken, but i think times have shortened. I would get on the passport thing asap and also do an expedited application, which takes a little longer.

Wow, that is a pretty reasonable price. I wish that I had looked into this month ago, I would have tried getting a passport then. I might look into getting one in the next couple of days.

Wow, that is a pretty reasonable price. I wish that I had looked into this month ago, I would have tried getting a passport then. I might look into getting one in the next couple of days.

if youre serious about getting a passport, get cracking on it now. as in today. not trying to be a jerk, but i lived a passport nightmare over the summer, not worth the stress

www.tallinksilja.com/sv/tab1/hobbyTrips/cruiseMelloBoat.htm

The information is all a bit hazy i.m.o. If you want the most simple cabin for one person, it's 2300 SEK am I right? If I remember correctly 1 SEK is appr. 1/4 euro, so 2300 would be pretty darn expensive, what did you pay for your ticket Camille and/or Cis? What kind of cabin are you in?

I'd really like to go, it sounds really cool and unique. But also today I booked my ticket to go to... India from 20 till 25 Feb :D My brother's band Detonation will be playing there (click here), can you frickin' believe it, of all places, they'll play in India (New Delhi)! So that cost me something and if I wanna go to Mellotronen it'll cost me another couple 100 euros, flight and all..

Hey Martjin,

just do this:

Hi

If you have trouble finding people to share a cabin with, please email info@mellotronen.com and we'll hook you up with nice fellow
passengers. :)

it should cost 91 Euro if the cheap cabins are still available. A fair price for two nights on the boat and all the concerts.
And European flights aren't that expensive. Mine was around 50,- (incl all taxes etc.) booked it already in October but I guess you could still find something relatively cheap.
Plus something like 20,- for airport shuttles and of course your own food/ drinks. It's not that much, right?
Already meeting and partying with Camille is worth it :)

And cool, you're going to India, it will certainly be interesting!

I booked a 91 euro cheap cabin earlier in the week, so I think they should still be available. I'm thinking my alcohol bill on the boat will be the most expensive part of my trip...

Thanks Sabine.

When exactly is the cruise, when does the boat leave? The 2 nights you spend on the boat is that Sat-Sun and Sun-Mon?

That is to know when I have to book my flight, I see I can book a really cheap flight from Eindhoven to Stockholm Skavsta (then I still need to get to Stockholm, but OK...).

Any of you guys staying any longer or earlier in Stockholm before or after the cruise?

Thanks Sabine.

When exactly is the cruise, when does the boat leave? The 2 nights you spend on the boat is that Sat-Sun and Sun-Mon?

That is to know when I have to book my flight, I see I can book a really cheap flight from Eindhoven to Stockholm Skavsta (then I still need to get to Stockholm, but OK...).

Any of you guys staying any longer or earlier in Stockholm before or after the cruise?

Boat leaves Stockholm Saturday night at 5pm, and you get to Helsinki at 930 am Sunday. You have free time in Helsinki, then the boat leaves at 530pm Sunday, arriving in stockholm at 930am Monday.

Ok.. heres a few helpfull tips.

10 Sek is about 1€ :)

If someone arrives a bit early and wants somewhere to crash, drop me a msg and i´ll see what i can do. No promises, but i can try to convince my wife to let someone crash in the couch :)
unfortunately i am not going home afterwards, so no sleeping at my place after the cruise.. (i can let you take a shower and so though)
i live about 45 minutes by train from stockholm.

The cruise leaves at 17.00 sat. the 8:th of mars, and is out for 36 hours (you do the math..)

And mellotronen guy: Is that Gustaf Hielm on the base?? he is awesome.. and funny :)

And perhaps (just perhaps) i have one place free in my cabin. the 4:th one hasnt made his mind up yet. if someone whants second call, just tell me.

Thanks Björn, make me 2nd call then, I'm not 100% sure if I go yet, but I'm definitely seriously considering it.

What are the trainfares like in Sweden, expensive?

PS, it indeed seems I will have to arrive in Sthlm on Friday, cause there's no Ryan Air flights available on Saturday anymore.

Fair enough, but bear in mind that many bands who might do nothing for you on album might do a lot for you live. I know Anekdoten's very powerful live, with bass invading places you might not want it to, mellotron washing over you, etc... Promise and the Monster's quiet but intense in her own way, Mats and Morgan will do all sorts of weird things to you, I can guarantee that, especially with Thordendal, Hielm and Lars Hollmer at their sides. There will also be surprise performances and all sorts or people on board who play in bands that aren't playing the boat....I honestly think that even if you just go for Opeth, Katatonia and Comus, you'll walk away with one of the best experiences of you life by way of just them, and the multitude of people you'll meet on the boat.

There's also other stuff, like...saunas. Swimming pool. Record convention. Film festival featuring 70's Swedish naughty movies. Plenty places to get blotto. And face it, you'll be stuck on a boat for 40 hours with a couple of musicians you dig.

Worth it, you think?

Yeah it will be an awesome event for sure, no doubt. But fact is that i can't afford such a thing and i live in fuckin' south America, full of responsibilities that i can't simply neglect. It's all tempting as hell and i really wanted to be there...good lord.
Btw, i listened to Promise & the Monster a week ago and they rule...so there's like, 5 great bands on the boat for me to miss now :cry: =p

Tash, can i ask who you are?

Sure you can. But I might have to kill you. :lol:

Ok, let's see if how short I can make this story. I'm Entombed's office girl, I also work at Mellotronen any time I'm needed doing just about anything that is needed. I'm also Anekdoten's merch lady (and general resident tiger), and I'm the girlfriend of one the members.

In other words, nobody in particular...:lol::lol::lol: But since I seem to have my finger in this as some sort of weird assistant, I'm happy to help with questions and info, etc.

And mellotronen guy: Is that Gustaf Hielm on the base?? he is awesome.. and funny :)

Last time I checked I had boobs. Real ones, not bitch tits. :lol: But in answer to your question, yeah, that's the right Gustaf you're thinking of. ;)

Yeah it will be an awesome event for sure, no doubt. But fact is that i can't afford such a thing and i live in fuckin' south America, full of responsibilities that i can't simply neglect. It's all tempting as hell and i really wanted to be there...good lord.
Btw, i listened to Promise & the Monster a week ago and they rule...so there's like, 5 great bands on the boat for me to miss now :cry: =p

Holy shit, you're on the other end of the planet. :cry: I come from a third world country myself, where nobody went to go play live, so for what it's worth, I kinda know how you feel. But hopefully some of these bands will do a South American tour at some point. All depends on demand and logistics, I guess.

Promise and the Monster live...well...all the time, really, is just one girl called Billie. Live, she plays guitar like Jose Gonzalez, and uses a pedal that samples the guitar line she just played and repeats it so she can play over it...and then she sings. It's really quite special.

Worth it, you think?
Hell yeah, you won me over right there, I just emailed to the info mello address, got to get me a ticket, even if I have to walk to Stockholm. I'm there peeps!! Now Stefan, get yer arse on that b00t t00!! N0W!! srsly...