Mellow Opeth compilation

UnicronI

Sep 6, 2005
I'm gonna put together a 'mellow' Opeth compilation for the missis. Tracklistings sugestions? I wanna try and focus on still post - MAYH if possable. 'Hours of Wealth', 'Isolation Years', 'to rid the disease' and 'face of melinda' are on the list, maybe even 'for absent friends' somewhere in their too!

Just because it's awesome, put Sörskogen - Mordet i Grottan on it. To Rid the Disease is based on it, and Mike's Swedish sounds so beautiful.

Uh, I'd have Harvest, Patterns in the Ivy II, Still Day Beneath the Sun, Windowpane, Closure, Atonement and Mordet i Grottan if I made a mellow Opeth compilation.

UnicronI said:
I wanna try and focus on still post - MAYH if possable.
that's a bad idea. the best mellow tracks are pre SL: Credence & To Bid You Farewell. others i'd suggest: Benighted, Harvest, A Fair Judgment, Windowpane. i strongly recommend you also include the two instrumental masterpieces: Epilogue & Ending Credits...

First of all skip "To bid you farewell" it is easily the worst Opeth song ever. I would say songs you must include are: Harvest, Face of melinda, A fair judement, Benighted, Windowpane, closure, ending credits, Isolation years, Patterns in the ivy 2, Still day beneath the sun, Silhouette.

Requiem (short little opener), To Bid You Farewell, Credence, Benighted, Face Of Melinda, Harvest, Patterns In The Ivy II, Hours Of Wealth, Isolation Years, Windowpane, Hope Leaves

So yeah, basically all their soft songs minus some

I did a compilation a few years ago for the then missus...

When she remembers, she still asks me for it back but I have yet to pass it back to her.

It ran to 61:15 and contained all the non-metal tracks up to the reissue of BWP, but with Remember Tomorrow tacked on to the end of it.

By now, there is enough to make a second volume as well.

To Bid You Farewell is still one of the best tracks they have recorded.

I would just go over every album and extract the mellow songs and keep damnation intact.
from GR I would put atonement and Isolation years
the rest is pretty much what was posted earlier.

It's a tested fact: Patterns in the Ivy II works very well for the dames ;)... Also, don't listen to Korlich, To bid you farewell is the best track of Morningrise and she'll certainly love it (tested on ani... yyy.. girls too ;))