Member introduction thread

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
I've seen some new/uncommon faces around here lately, and with a new Power Quest album on the way I figure it's as good a time as any for one of these! Let's hear about you all, even if some of us already know each other pretty well. I'm interested in how a lot of you found out about Power Quest, too!

My name's Michael. I'm 19 (20 on the 31st!), a music composition major in college (currently about to transfer to university) and my main instrument is piano, though I can play other instruments as well. Power metal is my favorite style of music, though I don't exclusively listen to it, my three favorite bands of all time are Guns N' Roses, Stratovarius, and Sonata Arctica, and I love Lord of the Rings.

I also found out about Power Quest through a friend of mine who showed me some tracks from Neverworld a number of years ago... been hooked ever since!

Oh cool thread idea! I'm Fraser, 20 years old. second year Psychology student. I play keyboard (although pretty badly, I only started last month). Favourite band of all time probably Sonata Arctica as well, although many others come very very close. Found Power Quest a while back (I'm going to guess around 2005-2006). Mate sent me a link to Far Away on Youtube and was hooked. I think Neverwould would probably be my favourite PQ album, but with Blood Alliance out over the next couple of months, maybe that's set to change?

Good thread idea!

I'm Andrew, 18, in my first year studying Computer Science at University.
No instruments at all, although I have considered trying to learn drums. I'd still definitely like to, but I don't think my flatmates / housemates next year would particularly appreciate me doing so. :lol:
I listen to mostly Power Metal, my collection of which has been steadily growing for maybe a year and a half now. I wasn't much into music before that. I also listen to a little Melodic Death, and some Prog Metal. Favourite band is definitely Sonata Arctica, after that it gets kinda hazy.
I discovered PQ maybe... 6 months ago? I listened to MoI and enjoyed it, but only picked up MND a little while later, and got into them more since then!

Hi everybody. I'm Alex, 30 years old. Became a PQ fan somewhere between Wings of Forever and Neverworld. Favorite PQ album would be Magic Never Dies, closely followed by Neverworld. I remember writing a gushingly fanboyish review of MND back in the day. I have also had the great fortune of meeting the man himself in person - Steve Williams - and I can assure you he is as nice and gentlemanly (though still metal, naturally) as they come!

I'm currently unemployed but used to work for a company within the home care sector (yeah, we have that in Sweden). I'm toying with the idea of maybe going back into reviewing music (which I did for an Austrian metal webzine a couple of years back). When I feel so inclined, I also write short stories and poems. Some of those (the stories) have been collected in a book that came out in 2009. Only in Swedish though, sorry.

Other than PQ, some of my favorite bands are Stratovarius, Edguy, Sonata Arctica, Insania (Stockholm), Dark Moor (early), Dark Tranquillity and tons of others. I mostly listen to metal, but within that "genre" I'm pretty open minded.

Great idea 1928! Can't believe it took someone this long to think of it!

I'm Tyler, 18, senior in high school and enlisting in the US Army as a Linguist(German, Dutch, French).
I used to play a lot of guitar and was able to bust out practically anything. I am still fairly good but I have gotten rusty. I can play some basic songs on piano/keyboard but not much.
I listen to everything, yes even rap, hip hop, and country! My favourite band changes with the day!

I first listened to PQ about 3 months after Magic Never Dies came out and have been hooked since then!

I'm also gonna go a bit off-topic...cronopio, may i ask what book:)? maybe i could check it out^^

My name's Michael, I'm 23 years old (24 on the 21st February), I currently work as an Office Manager for a small private Training company in Chesterfield, England.

I think the last sentence of Cronopio's post describes my general taste in Music. I've posted a list of quite a few of my favourite bands in another topic, but the sub-genres I tend to have a soft spot for are Thrash, Power, Death and....Judas Priest! (I was gonna say "Heavy" but that's such a broad term!)

I discovered Power Quest just over a year ago just through general browsing of new music really. Saw the name "Power Quest" as a "similar" band to Dragonforce i.e. sections of sites where it says something like "if you like x band, you may like x band" etc so one day decided to check them out.

I did this by going on their Myspace and listening to the songs available on that, was well impressed so started searching for their albums. I managed to get Wings of Forever and Neverworld on the cheap (from play.com I think). I listened to Wings of Forever first and was instantly blown away, it became one of my favourite albums from the first listen! Needless to say I went on to listen to Neverworld and be just as impressed and on to own the other two albums.

Something particularly special for me in getting into Power Quest when I did is at around the same time, the then new line-up was announced (with Andy, Paul, Ben and Pete as new members) and a few shows, including one in Derby, was announced sometime in October 2009, which I went to and was immense!

Basically within a month, I'd heard PQ for the first time, discovered I loved them and after a few listens developed the opinion that the first three albums are three of the best Power Metal albums of all time, then saw them live and decided they were one of my very favourite bands!

I don't play an instrument, although I would like to take the time to learn to play Drums one day.

My interests other than Music include Video Games and Football.

My name is Nick. I'm 27. I work at a photo processing counter in a supermarket.

I discovered Power Quest back in 2002, and in fact they were one of the first power metal bands I got into. I saw them being advertised in somebody's sig on the old Nightwish forums along with Dragonforce and Mercury Rain. I downloaded Far Away, Follow Your Heart and Glory Tonight from mp3.com (anyone remember that old site?), listened to them, bought Wings of Forever and it went from there.

I am mainly into traditional and power metal, along with melodic hard rock and AOR. I'm also interested in some prog and thrash metal (only where the singer actually sings, I don't like cookie monster vocals).

My other main interests are fantasy novels and tennis.

Hi everyone. New member here. I'm Laura and I'm a second year anthropology student in the US.

The first time I heard Power Quest was about six years ago when I came across some mp3s of Temple of Fire and Far Away. And those are still a couple of my favorite PQ songs. I like to listen to power metal, folk metal, and some folk music and trance. Since I've been living in Illinois for school I've actually been able to make it to metal concerts, which is exciting. One time I touched Tobias Sammet's leg.

I'm 1928's girlfriend. He's posted some pics of a dress I made over here, and I finally decided to join the board. :D

Glad to see that people appreciate this!

And hi, Laura; it's nice to meet you! :lol:

I'm Dom. I'm 24. PQ fan since sometime in 2004-ish. Forum member since 2006.

Dislike summing myself up in a paragraph so yeah...look back in the archives, note the links in my sig and yeah, if you wanna know more just ask or hang around for a while :)

Hi Laura. Nice to have a woman around here. My heart started beating really really fast; then I came to the part about you being 1928's girlfriend and I went all

forever+alone+face.png

again, but then it went away. Any PQ fan is a friend of mine, and since 1928 apparently likes you, you must be a good person. ;)

Welcome aboard!

well i'm not exactly new. but i'm 16. i'm from america. i go by "armeck" on the internet. and i love all kinds of music. and my favorite power quest song is "save the world"

Hi guys. I'm Cheenee from the Philippines, 23 years old, I studied Music for 2 years then studied Hotel and Restaurant Management majoring in Culinary Arts.. I am a vocalist in a band w/c plays a crossover of power metal & death metal.

I discovered PQ by accident (i was finding new bands on the internet when i stumbled upon "Temple Of Fire")

On the risk of going off-topic, but Tyler: Do you speak German or Dutch? That would be awesome, since I've studied those languages too and am fluent in German at least.

I speak both, they are practically the same language but with a few major differences. Little bit off topic but not much, I am assuming this is a get to know you thread

Hi guys, my name is Noam, I'm 17 years old from Jerusalem, Israel. My favourite bands(of all time) are Slayer, Megadeth, and Metallica though I really like other bands as well. My favourite genre is Thrash metal though I also like Power metal a lot. :)

I got to know Power Quest from the band DragonForce, when reading about their history in the Wikipedia article, about a year ago. The very first song I've heard from PQ was Cemetery Gates.

Edit, I'm also previously known as Symphonic Life before changing my name