Member introduction thread

Hi everyone. New member here. I'm Laura and I'm a second year anthropology student in the US.

The first time I heard Power Quest was about six years ago when I came across some mp3s of Temple of Fire and Far Away. And those are still a couple of my favorite PQ songs. I like to listen to power metal, folk metal, and some folk music and trance. Since I've been living in Illinois for school I've actually been able to make it to metal concerts, which is exciting. One time I touched Tobias Sammet's leg.

I'm 1928's girlfriend. He's posted some pics of a dress I made over here, and I finally decided to join the board. :D

Hi Laura!

Great to have you here with us! 1928 is a great dude and has become a core member of the forum here as I'm sure everyone else will agree. Oh, by the way, that dress was amazing!

Hi Laura!

Great to have you here with us! 1928 is a great dude and has become a core member of the forum here as I'm sure everyone else will agree. Oh, by the way, that dress was amazing!

I am honored to hear such kind words from you, Steve - Laura can testify... I'm a total fanboy :lol:

Name, obviously is Daniel. Will be the big 30 tomorrow

Got a Chemistry degree and also trained as a teacher, but currently working as a sales assistant and an ink technician (currently temp but hoping it will become permanent soon)

Saw PQ at Bloodstock 2003, picked up a copy of WoF while there and have been a fan ever since

Name, obviously is Daniel. Will be the big 30 tomorrow

Got a Chemistry degree and also trained as a teacher, but currently working as a sales assistant and an ink technician (currently temp but hoping it will become permanent soon)

Saw PQ at Bloodstock 2003, picked up a copy of WoF while there and have been a fan ever since

Welcome and congratulations in advance!

Haha, excellent reference!

That's what I do. ;)

Thanks Steve! It's really cool that you're so active on the band forum, I don't know of many band members who do that.

I am honored to hear such kind words from you, Steve - Laura can testify... I'm a total fanboy :lol:

It's true :p

Swapping out the Blind Guardian hat from last week for Power Quest this week. Gotta spread the word!

My name's Christian, I'm 22 years old and I live in Germany.

I know Power Quest since 2005 where I walked to the city and visited a CD shop. I just wanted to have a look if I could find any new power metal stuff for me. Some minutes later I was listening to "Neverworld". :D

At the moment I am makin' a gap year working at a school for learning-disabled children.

And just to mention it: Music is the most important thing in my life, a day without music is a lost day. I think I own nearly 500 original metal albums and yeah I'm proud of it. I spend a lot of money on cd's but it's worth it!

Nice to know you Christian :)

Yeah, music is also a very important thing in my life, and an amazing form of entertainment for me. Not sure if it's the MOST important thing in my life, though.

Nice thread.

Well, just call me D. I'm a guitarist and a sports fanatic, especially boxing. I found out about Power Quest because a friend told me that Sam Totman of DragonForce played on the first album of PQ, so I decided to check it out. I think this was 4-5 years ago. As for music, not many genre interest me nowadays, but I like listening to any power metal bands and it sucks that radio stations don't really play power metal music.

I've known 1928 from somewhere and this is the only forum I regularly check out nowadays.

Hard to choose a favorite PQ song cos there's a lot to choose from, but I think, for me, it's between For Evermore or Children of the Dream.

Bumping this!

:lol: I get the hint...

Ok, so, you can call me Miss T., Shredgirl, etc., friends call me by a few nicknames but I haven't acknowledged some of them for years now so Miss T. will suffice, unless you figure out one of those nicks. ;)

I'm 35, I'll tell you now so you don't be rude and ask me my age later :Shedevil:, next to Steve I'm probably the oldest member here on this forum! :p I'm a single mother to the most beautiful little princess in the world that just turned 2 on Wednesday :), I have a couple of degrees, neither of which I am really using anymore as I work for a Government entity currently that shall remain nameless due to security reasons. o_O

I play Guitar and Bass since I was 12 years old and also love to sing, especially to my daughter now. :) I used to write my own compositions/music and also used to transcribe tablature for various bands, etc. for fun but have since stopped. I do get the urge to pick up the pen and write something every now and then still.

I've always wanted to learn to play other instruments though like Piano but never had the chance. I've played around on drums and am 'ok' but would love to learn to really play them. :)

Music has been a big part of my life since I was a baby as my mother would always sing to me and play music for me as I do for my own daughter. Because of this I have a vast appreciation for all kinds of music and can say that I listen to a little bit of everything and love it all. I love anything from Country, to Classical, to scored music, to R&B, New Age, Rock, Pop, Metal, Freestyle, Opera, New Age, Classic Rock, Rockabilly, Blues, Industrial, J-Rock, J-Pop, Latin/Spanish music, and so on.
I would say my favourite overall genre is 80's music, from 80's pop to 80's Rock and Metal. :)

I've been a fan of Power Quest since the beginning and was probably one of their first female fans :D, they are one of my favourite Power Metal bands and easily rank in my top 5 Metal bands.

I was a forum member here for a long time so that is why I called for a 'welcome back' instead of a welcome, Steve knows who I am ;).

I have since retired my old screen name though so here I am with a new one, it is a little significant but I have only used it in a few places, so yeah.

Anyways, the Power Quest fanbase is a more close knit community so this is why I am freely offering up personal information that I would not give elsewhere, everyone here, Power Quest fans in general, are more down to earth and friendly, plus I know alot of you already from before. :)

I hope this is sufficient for you Michael ;), if not I can probably add to it later. :tickled:

Oh yeah, don't let my sweet and innocent demeanor trick you, I've got a razor sharp tongue and can hang with the big boys, even beat them at their own games too at times as I've acquired a unique and dangerous set of skills in my lifetime. :devil: hehehe

You know it Steve! And surprisingly thorough and sufficient, "Miss T" ;) Welcome back!

You know it Steve! And surprisingly thorough and sufficient, "Miss T" ;) Welcome back!

You pulled a fast one on me and changed your post before I responded!

I was going to say that if you wanted more just ask, but since you changed your mind.. :p

So you know who I am now though? ;)

and Thanks :)