Member introduction thread

Hi There,

Goodie goodie, I love talking about such stuff! I don't where to start however, so I will just start somewhere.

First, a warm welcome from me to Laura. Nice to see women around metal/forums in general. I think you're the first I've witnessed, since some ladies tend to be quiet I guess. lol

To those who don't me I'm new here, or at least back in December. My name is Kristoffer (and yes you may ask for me Twitter/Facebook), but most refer me as Kris. I'm a 20 year old High School student. I know it's a bit old, but I'm struggling big time. Not academically, but being at school and socializing with others. I have a High Functioning syndrome, aka Aspergers syndrome, but it was discovered early in my life, although it's been hard for me to tackle my parents divorce and other stuff. Besides that, when I was at school I was a straight A student. I love computers, sports (Ice hockey & Basketball mainly, which I both play, although unsure what I should do the rest of my life sports wise). I'm also an avid aviation fan. Which was the first thing I mastered. I enjoy mostly anything out there, but I've been hooked on Power Metal since I was 15/16 if I can remember. It started with my teacher, yes, my teacher showed me Dragonforce. Around the same time, I found Power Quest in 2006. However, being so distracted and followed by Dragonforce, I've never been able to turn heads before the recent breakup of ZP Theart & co. It was then I purchased Wings of Forever and Neverworld. Being hooked on those two, I just recently tuned into Master of Illusion, and now the forthcoming "Blood Alliance". Something I (WE ALL) can't wait for! Right? I'm also a 9 year student at the American School of Warsaw, Poland; no I don't speak Polish, it's too hard for me to speak.

Woow, I got more information out that I expected there, but I still got more in the tank.

Got any questions, I'll be happy to share them. :)

Take care all,

Kris

P.s. Awesome thread topic!

Hi There,
First, a warm welcome from me to Laura. Nice to see women around metal/forums in general. I think you're the first I've witnessed, since some ladies tend to be quiet I guess. lol
I see how it is, you say hi to Laura but not me?! :err::bah:

Guess my intro wasn't loud enough for you. :D :lol:

j/k

Hi There,

Goodie goodie, I love talking about such stuff! I don't where to start however, so I will just start somewhere.

To those who don't me I'm new here, or at least back in December. My name is Kristoffer (and yes you may ask for me Twitter/Facebook), but most refer me as Kris. I'm a 20 year old High School student. I know it's a bit old, but I'm struggling big time. Not academically, but being at school and socializing with others. I have a High Functioning syndrome, aka Aspergers syndrome, but it was discovered early in my life, although it's been hard for me to tackle my parents divorce and other stuff. Besides that, when I was at school I was a straight A student. I love computers, sports (Ice hockey & Basketball mainly, which I both play, although unsure what I should do the rest of my life sports wise). I'm also an avid aviation fan. Which was the first thing I mastered. I enjoy mostly anything out there, but I've been hooked on Power Metal since I was 15/16 if I can remember. It started with my teacher, yes, my teacher showed me Dragonforce. Around the same time, I found Power Quest in 2006. However, being so distracted and followed by Dragonforce, I've never been able to turn heads before the recent breakup of ZP Theart & co. It was then I purchased Wings of Forever and Neverworld. Being hooked on those two, I just recently tuned into Master of Illusion, and now the forthcoming "Blood Alliance". Something I (WE ALL) can't wait for! Right? I'm also a 9 year student at the American School of Warsaw, Poland; no I don't speak Polish, it's too hard for me to speak.

Woow, I got more information out that I expected there, but I still got more in the tank.

Got any questions, I'll be happy to share them. :)

Take care all,

Kris

P.s. Awesome thread topic!

Nice introduction dude! Good luck with those studies too.....and the new girlfriend!:headbang:

I think Shredgirl was teasing you a little there eh? lol!

Nice introduction dude! Good luck with those studies too.....and the new girlfriend!:headbang:

I think Shredgirl was teasing you a little there eh? lol!

HAHA, yeah, she was...eh, I mean is. Nah j/k. ^^

It's not easy to keep an eye out on who's who, you know?
And yeah, these forums get more active by the day now. Sweet!

You can fly planes? That's pretty cool!

Nope, I don't have my PPL or ATPL certifciation yet. However, unofficially I know how to fly them. As I have a "home-built-portable-cockpit", which is quiet fun to fly with. Because these days, the planes in real life are pretty much simulated the way they act in real life. If you use X-plane you get realism over FSX/FS9.1 for example. I can fly 737/757SF(should be a 767 here, but there isn't)/747-400F/727-200F/C208/172/152/MD-11. Those I can pretty much fly out of the books. My conclusion if you want to be a pilot, it's pretty much the same stuff on all planes. It's just their specific Velocity that's different. If it wasn't for the darn certification rules, I would have been a real world aviation pilot at the moment. But because I'm High Functioning, I really don't have any hope of becoming one. Even though there isn't a rule against it. I think my future employers would...

I flew in an A320 simulator for British Airways recently. I never knew how easy it was for a layman to fly a plane. It's crazy complex and detailed to know all the operations, functions, physics, maneuvers, parlance, flight protocol, etc, etc....but the actual hands on flying? Took to it like a bird to flight :) Incredibly fun day that one.

My name's Caleb, and I'm big into melodic power metal bands. Power Quest, ReinXeed, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica.... well, you obviously know I like Sonata by my screenname LOL. I'd love to discuss power metal with you guys and I have a few questions for Steve!

Welcome to the forum, Caleb! Love that song, by the way. What do you think of Caleb? ;)

Aw, darn it, so I'm still in the massive minority, since I loved Unia. :lol: Oh well, hope you stick around!