Member introduction thread

Welcome Caleb!

To join in the discussion on Sonata Arctica's latest two albums, like many others I think Unia and The Days of Gays (I'm so witty) are of considerably less quality than the albums previous (particularly the first two) but are still pretty good. I actually prefer their latest album to Unia.

Welcome Caleb!

To join in the discussion on Sonata Arctica's latest two albums, like many others I think Unia and The Days of Gays (I'm so witty) are of considerably less quality than the albums previous (particularly the first two) but are still pretty good. I actually prefer their latest album to Unia.

Yeah, Days Of Grays is much better than Unia. And BTW, nice Dragonforce shirt, I have the blood-splattered dragon logo shirt.

Argh, I don't get why Flag In The Ground gets so much praise! It's the same typical power metal stuff they've been doing... I'm not saying it's bad, but concerning composition, complexity, overall mood, and venturing into new symphonic territory, I feel that songs like Deathaura are infinitely better, and yet they get so overlooked :erk: that's a true power metal epic with some amazing musical stuff going on in there! Days of Grays is easily their most sophisticated work to date, in my opinion, though I may have to retract my earlier statements and still say Winterheart's Guild is their best... but Days of Grays and Unia come very, very close!

Cheers!

1928, agree with you about Deathaura being a great song and Flag in the Ground gets more praise than it deserves. As for my favourite album, I'd probably say Silence, with Ecliptica not so far behind.

I'm listening to Deathaura right now, and it sounds pretty epic, kinda like White Pearl Black Oceans, except faster for a longer part of the song. I like Flag In The Ground because, even though it sounds like their old stuff, it's a high quality song in its own right. Maybe I'm just too big a fan of melodic power metal.

I happen to love Flag In The Ground, as well as the whole album, I think it is very good, far better than Unia in my opinion, though I still enjoyed that one.

I actually had a dream last night that the members of Sonata Arctica were having an intervention with Tony because they thought it was becoming "The Tony Kakko Project" instead of Sonata Arctica... oh god :lol:

I would quite like to know how much of a group decision it was to change SA's sound.

... not quite the point of dreaming about it though.

Although I don't remember my dreams, so who knows...? Maybe I do.

Hi Everyone,

My name's Kim and, before Cronopio gets his hopes up, I am in a relationship with fool_in_paradise :lol:
I was only introduced to Power Quest about a year ago but it was love at first listen.
Look forward to chatting to you all, I've heard this is a great community.

:lol:

Welcome to the forum, Civilised! This is a pretty fine community, lots of great people here. Hope you stick around!

Hi Everyone,

My name's Kim and, before Cronopio gets his hopes up, I am in a relationship with fool_in_paradise :lol:
I was only introduced to Power Quest about a year ago but it was love at first listen.
Look forward to chatting to you all, I've heard this is a great community.

Welcome indeed Kim! Great to have you here with us all....you won't find a more friendly bunch of people on any forum anywhere I reckon:headbang: