Member introduction thread

Yea, I thought I said that somewhere else so I removed it, maybe I didn't :lol: but I do, good to see you back, haha!

Yeah, me and Miss T go way back.....in fact we've been out of touch for over 5 years so it's really cool to welcome her back to the forum, which as you say has to be up there with the most friendly of online communities these days

Do I really need reminding I'm probably the oldest forum member?? Hold on.....actually that accolade should go to Chity now...hahaha!

:lol: I get the hint...

Ok, so, you can call me Miss T., Shredgirl, etc., friends call me by a few nicknames but I haven't acknowledged some of them for years now so Miss T. will suffice, unless you figure out one of those nicks. ;)

I'm 35, I'll tell you now so you don't be rude and ask me my age later :Shedevil:, next to Steve I'm probably the oldest member here on this forum! :p I'm a single mother to the most beautiful little princess in the world that just turned 2 on Wednesday :), I have a couple of degrees, neither of which I am really using anymore as I work for a Government entity currently that shall remain nameless due to security reasons. o_O

I play Guitar and Bass since I was 12 years old and also love to sing, especially to my daughter now. :) I used to write my own compositions/music and also used to transcribe tablature for various bands, etc. for fun but have since stopped. I do get the urge to pick up the pen and write something every now and then still.

I've always wanted to learn to play other instruments though like Piano but never had the chance. I've played around on drums and am 'ok' but would love to learn to really play them. :)

Music has been a big part of my life since I was a baby as my mother would always sing to me and play music for me as I do for my own daughter. Because of this I have a vast appreciation for all kinds of music and can say that I listen to a little bit of everything and love it all. I love anything from Country, to Classical, to scored music, to R&B, New Age, Rock, Pop, Metal, Freestyle, Opera, New Age, Classic Rock, Rockabilly, Blues, Industrial, J-Rock, J-Pop, Latin/Spanish music, and so on.
I would say my favourite overall genre is 80's music, from 80's pop to 80's Rock and Metal. :)

I've been a fan of Power Quest since the beginning and was probably one of their first female fans :D, they are one of my favourite Power Metal bands and easily rank in my top 5 Metal bands.

I was a forum member here for a long time so that is why I called for a 'welcome back' instead of a welcome, Steve knows who I am ;).

I have since retired my old screen name though so here I am with a new one, it is a little significant but I have only used it in a few places, so yeah.

Anyways, the Power Quest fanbase is a more close knit community so this is why I am freely offering up personal information that I would not give elsewhere, everyone here, Power Quest fans in general, are more down to earth and friendly, plus I know alot of you already from before. :)

I hope this is sufficient for you Michael ;), if not I can probably add to it later. :tickled:

Oh yeah, don't let my sweet and innocent demeanor trick you, I've got a razor sharp tongue and can hang with the big boys, even beat them at their own games too at times as I've acquired a unique and dangerous set of skills in my lifetime. :devil: hehehe

I think I know who you are. No, I know who you are! How have you been?

Yeah, me and Miss T go way back.....in fact we've been out of touch for over 5 years so it's really cool to welcome her back to the forum, which as you say has to be up there with the most friendly of online communities these days

Do I really need reminding I'm probably the oldest forum member?? Hold on.....actually that accolade should go to Chity now...hahaha!
HAHA! No!, I didn't mean it that way! :eek::oops::erk:

But I guess age-wise we are among the oldest members... :D lol

But yeah, it's good to be in touch again as I told you before I missed you, I missed the fun times and good conversation here also. :)

I think I know who you are. No, I know who you are! How have you been?
I've been alright Den, thanks. :)

Offering a warm and very metal welcome back to an old school PQ fan & forum reg :) Lovely to have you among us again :headbang: I admit I didn't scouring your bio too closely, was "MissT" your old username?

Offering a warm and very metal welcome back to an old school PQ fan & forum reg :) Lovely to have you among us again :headbang: I admit I didn't scouring your bio too closely, was "MissT" your old username?

Thank you.

No, my old username was something altogether different, but it's buried in the past so there is no reason for me to dig it up. :confused:

Well, it's time to post some of my info her also ;-)

I'm Thibault, i live in Harelbeke (a city near Kortrijk) in Belgium :) The land with currently no government :p who cares :p
On april 4th i'll be 32 years old (life goes fast as HELL), i'm salesman for Vanden Borre, a belgian electro, multimedia, audio and video chain, for the most i'm into audio and video like TV's, homecinema and hifi stuff ;-)
I'm living together with my girlfriend Krisje here for two years and in june we'll move to a bigger house also here in Harelbeke ;-) Because we are working on kids ;-)
I'm a PQ fan from the first hour, their first cd wasn't out here then, so i ordered jap version at my local cd sotre, where I'm also known as Long John (yes i'm pretty tall, 1.96m to be exact:))
Other bands i like a lot are for sure Gamma Ray, Helloween, Stratovarius, Hammerfall, Ayreon or everything with Arjen Anthony Lucassen in it, Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica, Angra, Aquaria, Edguy, Europe, Rhapsody, Metalium (rip), Children of Bodom, After Forever, Epica, Within Temptation and a lot more...

If you want to know some more stuff, you're free to ask ;-)
Greetz! May the quest carry on !

Yes Powerray, I do want to ask you something.

You joined the forum in 2002, but you only have 67 posts....why is that? People who joined so long ago would have much more posts, I mean.

*shrug* Not trying to speak for the man, but some people just don't post much/leave places for a long time and then find them again/lurk a lot

And it's good to have you back brother Powerray!

Quite right with the quality over quantity comment as well.....you notice a lot in society these days that the people who are noisy and "in your face" tend to be the people who actually have very little of worth to say.

Brings to mind the expression......"Empty vessels make most noise" lol!

This is actually the place I frequent most nowadays, in no small part thanks to the activity we've seen lately. Hope that doesn't change anytime soon!

Hey no problem Steve, I post a lot everyday as you can see....PQ forum is really way beyond just about the band....you can talk about so many other things.

I think that one of the reasons for this awesome community is that you guys are in good touch with us the fans.