Meshuggah "Nothing" Remix Samples!

CJWall

Oct 21, 2005
Southwest Florida, USA
The samples are awful, absolutely abysmal in quality BUT, jesus I am soo psyched about this release! Nov. 3rd, oooo!

http://www.nuclearblast-musicshop.de/album_info.php?album_id=136739

Listen to those guitars, AHHH. Fucking incredible... even though you can't hear the cymbals at ALL, it's safe to assume this is going to crusssh.

As far as details, I know that they totally re-recorded all the guitars and apparently the kick, snare and toms were all sample replaced using samples from DFH. Nebulous and I believe one other were slowed down even further as well...

I've always loved the songs from Nothing but really didn't care for the production, now I'm in heaven.

Meshuggah always kicked asses. I hope they will kick some this time too.

NB_1729.jpg

CD

01. Stengah
02. Rational Gaze
03. Perpetual Black Second
04. Closed Eye Visuals
05. Glints Collide
06. Organic Shadows
07. Straws Pulled At Random
08. Spasm
09. Nebulous
10. Obsidian

DVD

01. Straws Pulled Random (Live At Download 05)
02. In Death Is Death (Live At Download 05)
03. Future Breed Machine (Live At Download 05)
04. Rational Gaze (Official Video)
05. Shed (Official Video)
06. New Millenium Cyanide Christ (Official Video)
07. Rational Gaze (Mr. Kidman Delirium Version)

I didn't mind the production on the original, did they really think it was that bad that they had to remix it...or was it re-released for a different reason?

I would of hoped for a newer version of chaosphere over nothing!!!!!!!

Just remember, the members of meshuggah were present when mixing the album. Not when " re " mixing, keep that in mind. I'd rather listen to what they envisioned and not what nuclear blast envisioned.

Familia><Publica said:
Just remember, the members of meshuggah were present when mixing the album. Not when " re " mixing, keep that in mind. I'd rather listen to what they envisioned and not what nuclear blast envisioned.

Did you ever think that maybe THE BAND felt that their own mix (the original) wasn't what they "envisioned"? o_O

I don't know what standards you guys are setting for quality production, but if you think that Nothing sounds good, well.....

hahah metalkingdom you are the man. I was starting to wonder whether the whole world was deaf.

Nothing original mix is horrid. Total fatigue fest. I've never been able to get into it cause i'd just tune out or get irritated and change it... and this is my favorite band.

And the band were NOT happy with it. Fredrick mixed it after being up for like 48 hours.. it was rushed as all fuck cause they had to go and do ozzfest. I think it was said that he fell asleep mixing it.

FP.. get your facts straight.

Benny H said:
Fredrick mixed it after being up for like 48 hours.. it was rushed as all fuck cause they had to go and do ozzfest. I think it was said that he fell asleep mixing it.
WHAT THE FUCK!:lol:
Damn, THAT'S why I burned out on it! :lol: Can't wait! You'll get NOTHING again, and like it!:kickass:

One of the reasons they re-tracked the guitars is because at the time of recording their 8-strings weren't in from the luthier yet, so they had to tune their 7-strings down to F# or whatever ridiculous tuning they use on their 8-strings. I guess they wanted to go with the real thing...