messed up

scorpio01169

Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
I went to help out my partner in recording a female singer/songwriter I get in the engineers chair and he says "hey man I really have to go, Its my wifes b-day and I promised her dinner". so Im recording this chick, and i get her all tracked out except vocals because she wants to do vocals at another studio. anyways we have Nuendo at our studio....the other studio has pro tools. she then tells me that she needs a quick mixdown tonight because some record label wants to hear her. Im on my buddy's system and he has his system set up to convert .wav files to some crazy looking winamp shit. and it's not compatible with Nero cd burning software....anyways this chick starts going off on me about how she has this deadline and she needs the files tonight and I call my buddy and he cant figure out whats going on over the phone. well to make a long story short. why the fuck would she go into the studio one day before her deadline. she was reluctant to pay me but business is business. I told my buddy that was a fucked up situation he put me in.

Wait, so you went to your friend's unfamiliar studio, he bailed and left you in charge, and you had to deal with the talent's wrath? Bum deal man!

Wait, so you went to your friend's unfamiliar studio, he bailed and left you in charge, and you had to deal with the talent's wrath? Bum deal man!

well...Im familiar with nuendo....just Im use to when mixing down wave files they are wave files in the end but his automatically did some crazy shit...so yeah....chick was pissed...her bass player apologized to me after she took off.