METAL 2008 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Helstar - The King of Hell (Power/Speed Metal; FM Records) - September 2008

"The band has re-united in the Remnants of War lineup. A new album is in the works (said to be in the vein of "Nosferatu")."

Well it's good that Nazgul is putting out an album. That should be one of the best of the year. Two other great albums I recently checked out:

Deny the Urge - Blackbox Of Human Sorrow (a great mix of old school dm and melodic dm)

Purgatory - Cultus Luciferi: The Splendour of Chaos (a very good death metal album. one of the best modern death metal bands.)

Update regarding the Molested reissue:

The 'official' date will most likely be November 30. We're also pleased to announce that Dan Swano will be handling the remastering. He worked on the fist Cronian release and Oystein was very, very pleased with that outcome, so we are all very excited about this latest development.

Well it's good that Nazgul is putting out an album. That should be one of the best of the year. Two other great albums I recently checked out:

Deny the Urge - Blackbox Of Human Sorrow (a great mix of old school dm and melodic dm)

Purgatory - Cultus Luciferi: The Splendour of Chaos (a very good death metal album. one of the best modern death metal bands.)

Gonna check out these two since your extreme tastes tend to be pretty spot on. I hope Purgatory isn't good though since I had a chance to see them on Party San heh :p

Behemoth - At the Arena ov Aion – Live Apostasy (Black/Death Metal; Regain Records) - October 2008

Setlist:

01. Rome 64 e.v.
02. Slaying The Prophets Ov Isa
03. Antichristian Phenomenon
04. Demigod
05. From The Pagan Vastlands
06. Conquer All
07. Prometherion
08. Drum Solo
09. Slaves Shall Serve
10. As Above So Below
11. At The Left Hand Ov God
12. Summoning Ov The Ancient Ones
13. Christgrinding Avenue
14. Christians To The Lions
15. Sculpting The Throne Ov Seth
16. Decade Of Therion
17. Chant For Eskaton 2000 e.v.
18. I Got Erection
19. Pure Evil & Hate

And not a single song from Grom or Pandemonic Incantations. Lame. I'm still getting this though.