26. Putridity - Mental Prolapse Induce Necrophilism

Major letdowns:

Angel Corpse - Of Lucifer And Lightning
Blood Red Throne - Come Death
Disawoved - Stagnated Existence
Severe Torture - Sworn Vengeance
Monstrosity - Spiritual Apocalypse
Malevolent Creation - Doomsday X

I dunno, there's absolutely no logic to my tastes in slam death. I worship Despondency, Abominable Putridity, Ingested, Crepitation and Infernal Revulsion, but I actually dislike Devourment, Cephalotripsy and quite a few other similar bands. It's pretty absurd, and I can't really explain why. If pushed, I'd probably claim that the former bands are more groovy and have a more "flowing" vibe going on (if that makes sense), plus you can actually make out all the riffs.

Granted, the only Down From The Wound songs I've heard are the ones on their Myspace, so I might have been a little to quick to write them off; but I found those songs really mediocre.

I dunno, there's absolutely no logic to my tastes in slam death. I worship Despondency, Abominable Putridity, Ingested, Crepitation and Infernal Revulsion, but I actually dislike Devourment, Cephalotripsy and quite a few other similar bands. It's pretty absurd, and I can't really explain why. If pushed, I'd probably claim that the former bands are more groovy and have a more "flowing" vibe going on (if that makes sense), plus you can actually make out all the riffs.

Granted, the only Down From The Wound songs I've heard are the ones on their Myspace, so I might have been a little to quick to write them off; but I found those songs really mediocre.
I know what you mean, I am this way with a lot of black metal. It's weird that you can like Abominable Putrdity, a direct clone of Devourment, and not Devourment itself. :p

Crackdust - Dented Reality will certainly be in my top 10 of 2007. I've been spinning it like there's no tomorrow. It sounds like it was recorded in the early 90s, both in terms of production and songwriting. It's straightforward, downtuned, old school death metal. I wonder if the old school feel has something to do with the bands location (Botswana, Africa).

Crackdust - Dented Reality will certainly be in my top 10 of 2007. I've been spinning it like there's no tomorrow. It sounds like it was recorded in the early 90s, both in terms of production and songwriting. It's straightforward, downtuned, old school death metal. I wonder if the old school feel has something to do with the bands location (Botswana, Africa).
What's with your obsession with African metal?

Because the thought of someone playing metal besides a white guy is refreshing.

BlackDeath.jpg