The official metal 2011 thread

mutantllama

Nov 24, 2005
Maine
So another year is coming close, and with another year comes new metal albums!

Artist - Album Title (Genre; Label) - Release Date

Or just discussing new albums that will be on there way is cool.

According to wikipedia, there will be a new Manilla Road album on its way.

I'm sure it will be of high quality.

Few things I'm looking forward to.

New albums/EPs by:

Necros Christos
Deiphago
Cruciamentum
Mitochondrion
Flame
Blaspherian
Revenge
Disma

Conqueror - War Cult Supremacy reissue
Blasphemy - Fallen Angel of Doom reissue

Crowbar - Sever The Wicked Hand (Sludge Metal; E1 Music) - February 8th, 2011

33841.jpg

1. Isolation (Desperation)
2. Sever the Wicked Hand
3. Liquid Sky and Cold Black Earth
4. Let Me Mourn
5. The Cemetery Angels
6. As I Become One
7. A Farewell to Misery
8. Protectors of the Shrine
9. I Only Deal in Truth
10. Echo an Eternity
11. Cleanse Me, Heal Me
12. Symbiosis

Ulcerate - The Destroyers of All (Technical Death Metal; Willowtip Records) - January 25th, 2011
Belphegor - Blood Magick Necromance (Death/Black Metal; Nuclear Blast Records) - January 14th, 2011
Neuraxis - Asylon (Technical Death Metal; Prosthetic Records) - February 15th, 2011
Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction (Progressive Metal; HevyDevy Records) - March 2011
Devin Townsend Project - Ghost (Progressive Metal; HevyDevy Records) - March 2011

As a pretty big Devin Townsend fan I cant wait for those two albums. New Ulcerate should be interesting as well.

Is there any more info on the Necros Christos album?

2798277.jpg

40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room - 28.01.2011

This is all i can think of atm, plus the rerecorded version of Under the Sign of Hell and the Satyricon reissues. Also hope that Wormed will release a new album next year.

New Opeth album in the works, most here probably don't give a shit though. I for one am fucking stoked.

As long as they drop the Damnation sound and revert to pre-Ghost Reveries then I'm buying it. Ghost Reveries was good, but it should be a one time thing, and Watershed was worse than Damnation. My Arms, Your Hearse and Blackwater Park are some of the best albums in metal and I really hope they go back to a similar sound.