The official metal 2011 thread

November 2011 releases:

01.11 Mournful Congregation - The Book Of Kings
08.11 Leviathan - True Traitor, True Whore
08.11 Ghoul - Transmission Zero
11.11 Blut Aus Nord - 777 - The Desanctification
11.11 Nocte Obducta - Verderbnis (Der Schnitter Kratzt An Jeder Tür)
15.11 Encoffination - O' Hell, Shine In Thy Whited Sepulchres
15.11 Vile - Metamorphosis

All these seem interesting. Already bought transmission zero, ghoul fans should get it, it's more of their death/thrash/grind insanity... but with a strange 8 minute almost traditional doom metal song in there.

Also, here's some more stuff coming out this month:
Mortuary Drape - Secret Sudaria reissue by dark descent (17th)

Necrophile (Jpn) - Mementos in the Misting Woods by dark descent (28th) Demo and ep collection of an early, "thrashy death" band from japan.

and this, which looks fucking badass, even though I can only small pictures
52206_ritual_necromancy_oath_of_the_abyss.jpg

Ritual Necromancy - Oath of the Abyss
Following a vicious four-track demo; Portland's Ritual Necromancy began the ground-work for their full-length, the soon-to-be titled "Oath of the Abyss.” Early on it was quite evident that Ritual Necromancy wasn’t the type of band that was going to lift the spirits of the listener with easy going music. The eerie cover art for “Oath of the Abyss,” created by Josh McAlear, is an early indication of the type of punishing treat the recipient shall receive. With no compromise, “Oath of the Abyss” is a murky and sinister debut that delivers exhausting and suffocating death metal in spades.
(15th, again, dark descent)

Albums I’m currently looking forward to (some of them may not make it in 2011):

- new Encoffination.
- new Arghoslent.
- new fucking Revenge (have you heard the youtube samples? it will kill your family)
- Antediluvian album!
- Wrathprayer album!
- new Embrace of Thorns album

Yeah sick!! I've been outt've touch for a while,any idea on when the new Arghoslent,Revenge,Antediluvian and Wrathprayer albums will be out?

Yeah I found out about that the other day when I went to reserve my copy. The anticipation is just going to kill me more now.

Yeah sick!! I've been outt've touch for a while,any idea on when the new Arghoslent,Revenge,Antediluvian and Wrathprayer albums will be out?

Encoffination and Antediluvian are out, Revenge should come very soon and Arghoslent was said to be released in 2011 but I think it will be postponed. Don’t know about Wrathprayer.

December 2011 releases:

01.12 Illogicist - The Unconsciousness Of Living
01.12 A((Wake)) - A((wake))
02.12 Dark Suns - Orange
03.12 Silent Kingdom - Path To Oblivion
05.12 Marionette - Nerve
05.12 Avalanch - Malefic Time: Apocalypse
06.12 Cormorant - Dwellings
06.12 Korn - The Path To Totality
07.12 VA - Niklas Kvarforth - Fifteen Years Of Absolute Darkness
07.12 Gorgoroth - Under The Sign Of Hell 2011
07.12 Widescreen Mode - Fallen From The Sky
09.12 Eisregen - Rostrot
09.12 Vendetta [GER] - Feed The Extermination
09.12 Synarchy - Tear Up The World
10.12 Hanternoz - D'Anjou En Vasconie - La Très Grande Chasse D'Hellequin [Split]
14.12 To/Die/For - Samsara
16.12 Iron Mask - Black As Death
31.12 Profetus - …To Open The Passages In Dusk
31.12 Disgorge - And The Weak Shall Perish
31.12 Radiance [FIN] - TBA
31.12 Suspyre - The Cycle
31.12 Logar's Diary - Book 3: At The Crossroads

I haven't heard anyone talk about the new Hammers of Misfortune, but so far it sounds pretty great. I haven't heard Fields/Church of Broken Glass in full, but it seems like most people dismiss it for want of Scalzi and more metal riffs. I guess the Metal Blade publishing and kinda hipstery-looking cover art maybe put people off or something, because at the very least this is the most consistently up-tempo and aggressive album they have. That, or maybe they hear the multiple practically-thrash songs and long for more piano and female vocals.

Whatever the reason for silence (I mean, srsly, not a single 0% Metal-Archives rant), they fail for it. This is a diverse and progressive album with no sacrifice of true 70's/80's metal ideals.

I need to catch up on the recent Hammers of Misfortune albums,the last one I got was The August Engine.I was disappointed when John Cobbet left Slough Feg but HOM are great in their own right.

Goatwhore’s ‘Blood for the Master’
Out February 14, 2012

Exhibiting a labyrinth of moods and meticulous tempo shifts, Blood for the Master is streamlined without ever rendering itself predictable.

goatwhore_blood-1.jpg

Driven by a blood oath to heavy metal and perhaps the powers of Satan himself, Goatwhore will forever prevail and are determined to do so at full speed with Blood for the Master. Get your copy of Goatwhore's 'Blood for the Master' NOW!

Blood for the Master North American Tour Dates

02/11 Montreal, QC Katacombes
02/12 Toronto, ON Wreck Room

Official Goatwhore:
http://www.goatwhore.net
http://www.facebook.com/thegoat666
http://www.twitter.com/goatwhorenola