Metal 2013

I assume it will. Pretty much through Hypocrisy's career they have changed, but slowly over their albums, incorporating newer sounds over time. (Catch is probably an exception but is pretty much universally viewed as a failed experiment)

According to Peter, it's supposed to be a more straight forward Hypocrisy album than the last two. I'm curious to hear the rest of the album.

2013 is already looking to stack up the old school finnish death metal this year with new releases from:

Krypts
Swallowed
Convulse
Deathchain

I'm actually semi-excited about the new Burzum album. Given that he's already proved his loss of metal composition abilities with the last three albums, I'm glad that he's going electronic...his second ambient album was far better than any of the post-prison albums.

Just listened to the new Imperium Dekandez, and I gota say this inital listen leaves me with some mixed emotions...

1st half had some good moments, but I feel a lot of grooves were interrupted with forced interjections creating a cheesy atmosphere...Kind of turned me off a bit, like for example in the song Ave Danuvi.

The 2nd half was a lot stronger than the first, but overall just a bit torn. One thing is for certain though, shit doesnt come close to Procella Vadens.

New Ghost album, April 9th

368018.jpg

1. Infestissumam
2. Per Aspera Ad Inferi
3. Secular Haze
4. Jigolo Har Megiddo
5. Ghuleh / Zombie Queen
6. Year Zero
7. Idolatrine
8. Body and Blood
9. Depth of Satan's Eyes
10. Monstrance Clock

New Uncle Acid, April 15th
366780.jpg

1. Mt. Abraxas
2. Mind Crawler
3. Poison Apple
4. Desert Ceremony
5. Evil Love
6. Death Valley Blues
7. Follow the Leader
8. Valley of the Dolls
9. Devil's Work

It's gonna be hard to top Uncle Acid this year, if it doesnt disappoint. Blood Lust slowly grew to one of my favorite albums of its sort, period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just listened to the new Imperium Dekandez, and I gota say this inital listen leaves me with some mixed emotions...

1st half had some good moments, but I feel a lot of grooves were interrupted with forced interjections creating a cheesy atmosphere...Kind of turned me off a bit, like for example in the song Ave Danuvi.

The 2nd half was a lot stronger than the first, but overall just a bit torn. One thing is for certain though, shit doesnt come close to Procella Vadens.

Yeah I was gonna say the same. This new album is peppered with good riffs, but altogether underwhelming, where as Procella Vadens just crushes the soul from start to finish. I even double checked the power of the latter by digging it out for a relisten - still rock solid.

Totally agree man. Ive been keeping an eye out for the vinyl pre-order.

They're gonna go fast as fuck, not to mention they're going to cost a ton coming air mail.
May try for one though. I also recently found out blood lust is uncle acid's second album. Have to assume Vol 1 is going to see reissue soon.

Not sure Ill care. Theyre totally worth a few extra bucks.

Once I get my next paycheck I want to get their 7" that is about to come out, and Blood Lust through Rise Above. Didnt know vinyl copies were still available until today when I checked. Pretty stoked on that.

Just checked around, vol 1 was pressed on 20 cdrs only. Found one that sold for 300 euros. Fuck.

Are you talking about poison apple? And yeah, theyvve pressed the hell outta bloodlust.

300 euros? GOD DAMN...

Yeah I was referring to poison apple...Which pre-orders now seems to be sold out. FML.

As a side note, their album art is just about as random and unpredictable as Earth. Love it.