Metal 2013

NE OBLIVISCARIS are currently in the middle of writing their Season of Mist debut with plans to record late 2013.

Fantastic news!

Also, heard a song from the new Soilwork. Way better than I thought it was going to be (I only liked two of their older songs). I may be buying this album if there's other quality like that.

Feb 2013 releases:
22.02 The Crescent - Risti

Pre-listening of the whole album is online until Friday.
https://soundcloud.com/imperiumi/sets/the-crescent-risti

The band used to be called Enochian Crescent, but changed name due to the original vocalist parting ways with the rest of the band.

thecrescent_risti.jpg

NE OBLIVISCARIS SIGN TO SEASON OF MIST

Season of Mist is proud to announce the signing of Australian progressive, extreme metal outfit NE OBLIVISCARIS! The band stand on their own by infusing their metal with western art music, jazz, and flamenco. With adventurous, progressive and nuanced compositions often exceeding ten minutes in length, NE OBLIVISCARIS add profound depth to a musical proficiency which reaches the highest levels.

The group released the following statement: “For us as a band, signing to Season of Mist, one of the best independent metal labels in the world, a label whose roster includes some of our all time favourite bands and influences, is quite surreal”, the band comments. “We worked for many years to get our debut album 'Portal Of I' out there for the world to hear and for its reception to have been so overwhelmingly positive, and for a label like this to not only love our music, but believe we can go places in the worldwide metal scene is incredible. It is one of those things that just gives us even more motivation to keep composing and performing and trying to take NE OBLIVISCARIS as far as we can to as many people across the world as possible. We're currently in the middle of writing our next album with plans to record late 2013 and we can't wait to get it out there to the world and take that next step in partnership with Season of Mist.”

NE OBLIVISCARIS have toured their native Australia alongside SOILWORK, SUFFOCATION, PSYCROPTIC and more. The band has played several revered festivals like Progfest, Sonic Forge & more. With their first demo 'The Aurora Veil' in 2007, the Aussies garnered significant word-of-mouth within the metal underground. Last year, their self released debut album, 'Portal of I' showcased their unique array of influences and dynamic songwriting, and sent shockwaves through the metal underground once again. Met with even more praise, 'Portal of I' made several "Best of 2012" lists.

NE OBLIVISCARIS are currently in the middle of writing their Season of Mist debut with plans to record late 2013.

Holy shit - new album this year!

They really picked up quite the following this past year.

The previous couple Darkthrone albums weren't thoroughly metal?

Since "Cult is Alive" Darkthrone has integrated punk into their sound. The punk influence has diminished a little with each succeeding album and on the new one I don't hear any punk influence at all.

Also the sound is just bigger, heavier and more epic, so it's more metal in the diminutive sense of "yeah, that's fucking metal!"

hey guys check out the rockworld tv app if you have an iphone awesome live shit from loads of metal artists

I assume it will. Pretty much through Hypocrisy's career they have changed, but slowly over their albums, incorporating newer sounds over time. (Catch is probably an exception but is pretty much universally viewed as a failed experiment)

This will be a definite preorder for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
365582.jpg

Finntroll has always been a guilty pleasure for me. Love them.

Last edited by a moderator:
March 2013 releases:

01.03 Horna - Askel Lähempänä Saatanaa
01.03 Hardcore Superstar - C'mon Take On Me
01.03 Lordi - To Beast Or Not To Beast
01.03 Hateform - Sanctuary In Abyss
01.03 Thyrfing - De Ödeslösa
01.03 Tribulation - The Formulas Of Death
01.03 Crystallion - Killer
01.03 Nocte Obducta - Umbriel (Das Schweigen Zwischen Den Sternen)
01.03 Rotting Christ - Kata Ton Daimona Eaytoy
01.03 Neaera - Ours Is The Storm
01.03 Milking The Goatmachine - Stallzeit
01.03 Wolfchant - Embraced By Fire
04.03 Long Distance Calling - The Flood Inside
05.03 The Jimi Hendrix Experience - People, Hell And Angels
05.03 How To Destroy Angels - Welcome Oblivion
05.03 Jolly - The Audio Guide To Happiness (Part 2)
06.03 Boris - Präparat
08.03 In Vain - Ænigma
08.03 Black Crucifixion - Coronation Of King Darkness
08.03 Blood Tsunami - For Faen!
09.03 Appalachian Winter - Ghosts Of The Mountains
11.03 Voices - Voices From The Human Forest Create A Fugue Of Imaginary Rain
12.03 Illnath - 4 Shades Of Me
12.03 Beissert - Darkness: Devil: Death
13.03 Derdian - Limbo
15.03 Angizia - Des Winters Finsterer Gesell
15.03 Agrypnie - Aetas Cineris
15.03 October Falls - The Plague Of A Coming Age
15.03 Imperium Dekadenz - Meadows Of Nostalgia
15.03 Torture Killer - Phobia
18.03 Körgull The Exterminator - Metal Fist Destroyer
18.03 Officium Triste - Mors Viri
19.03 Batillus - Concrete Sustain
19.03 Intronaut - Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words With Tones)
19.03 Clutch - Earth Rocker
19.03 Lecherous Nocturne - Behold Almighty Doctrine
19.03 Jungle Rot - Terror Regime
19.03 KEN Mode - Entrench
19.03 Six Feet Under - Unborn
22.03 Amaranthe - Nexus
22.03 Pretty Maids - Motherland
22.03 Hypocrisy - End Of Disclosure
22.03 Aeternus - ...And The Seventh His Soul Detesteth
22.03 Serenity - War Of Ages
22.03 Devil - Gather The Sinners
22.03 Visions Of Atlantis - Ethera