Metal 2013

From what I've heard of the new clutch, its pretty much blues rocky. Doesn't sound all that similar to blast tyrant or robot hive exodus my favorites... But it still sounds interesting.

sodomepitomecd.jpg

German thrash metal veterans SODOM will release their new studio album, "Epitome Of Torture", on April 29 in Europe and May 7 in North America via SPV/Steamhammer. Vocalist/bassist Thomas "Angelripper" Such, guitarist Bernd "Bernemann" Kost and new drummer Markus "Makka" Freiwald recorded a total of twelve new tracks (plus a MOTÖRHEAD cover) which "present SODOM as more diverse and multi-faceted than ever," according to a press release.

"'Epitome Of Torture' features not only your typical SODOM fare, but also two or three numbers which are slightly more moderate and melodic than what people have come to expect from us," says Angelripper, "so wait and see!"

deedsportals.jpg

"Portals To Canaan", the ninth album from California extreme metallers DEEDS OF FLESH, will be released on June 25 via Unique Leader Records. The CD features "amazing artwork and numerous conceptual pieces" by Raymond Swanland.

"Portals To Canaan" track listing:

01. Amidst The Ruins
02. Entranced In Decades Of Psychedelic Sleep
03. Rise Of The Virvum Juggernaut
04. Celestial Serpents
05. Caelum Hirundines Terra/The Sky Swallows The Earth
06. Xeno-Virus
07. Hollow Human Husks
08. Portals To Canaan
09. Orphans Of Sickness (GORGUTS cover)

The song "Rise Of The Virvum Juggernaut" can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn this is going to be a good month. A lot im going to be checking out, only two definite buys though out of that list.

Heres all the wormed tracks released so far:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactivated Swedish old-school death metallers INTERMENT have issued the following update:

"Well, INTERMENT is still alive if you have been wondering and finally we have some good news to share with you:

* INTERMENT will enter the studio next weekend (March 8-10) to nail four new songs and one oldie for some split EPs. One of them will be a 10-inch split with our fellows in BRUTALLY DECEASED (Czech Republic) released by Lavadome Productions spring 2013. Then we'll contribute with one song for the 'Imperial Anthems' split seven-inch series released by Cyclone Empire and also to a split seven-inch with ANATOMIA (Japan) released by Goatgrind Records in the end of the year.

* The 'Into The Crypts Of Blasphemy' will be re-released on LP by Black Vomit Records soon. It will be 333 copies on black and white vinyls. The LP was first released by Cyclone Empire 2010 in 500 copies on red vinyl and is sold out.

Did you see that there is this show in fucking AIDS-infested Texas called Masters of Death with Incantation and Master headlining? Awesome Texan old school doom metal bands are playing including Imprecation, Blaspherian, Divine Eve, Nodens, Hod, and others? Fucking ridiculous.

Think I saw that show posted on either Imprecation, Blaspherian, or Divine Eve's page. LaSanche's playing it too. I would be looking further into that thing (considering I live in Dallas just 4 hours north of Houston...) if I wasn't already going to be on a road trip that week.

YES! Birth A.D. finally found a label to put out their debut full-length! Sadly I'll have to wait another 2-4 months for a release, but Stillbirth Of A Nation was kinda a mindblower. I remember playing it some 20 times through the first weekend I heard it.