Metal 2013

Not sure how I missed this, but Light Bearer has a new one out. The metal elements are a lot more prevalent, they're doing gang vocals these days, and the post rock phrases are a touch more concise, but still have that transcendent sheen to them as on Lapsus.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Ihsahn album out soon, looking forward to this. From his Facebook page:

"My new album is now finalized by the very capable hands of Jens Bogren and will soon be on its way to Candelight Records. We´ve not set a release date yet, but sometime this autumn for sure. Title and more information about it will be revealed later. Ritxi Ostáriz is nearly there with the artwork, and first photo session with Bjørn Tore Moen was done this week."

Also Shining are releasing a "new" album in September, re-recording some older era songs each with a different vocalist:

http://patriciathomasmanagement.com/2013/06/21/dark-essence-records-and-niklas-kvarforths-shining-get-together-for-special-release/

New Orphaned Land... I just listened to it and it's fucking awesome!

I didn't even realize they had a new album out I'll have to look into it, I enjoyed the last one. They're a pretty cool band it's good to see them still making music and everything.

Can't wait for The Wild Hunt by Watain to come out.

And yeah the new Watain is going to be ill as fuck.

Watain-The-Wild-Hunt-All-That-May-Bleed-604x604.jpg

^^^
The Wild Hunt

There are some fucking cockroaches around... already trying to sell the new Watain 7" EP for $100+ on Ebay - who the fuck are they kidding? They are as bad as ticket scalpers;

Watain_zps51f74eac.jpg

Yeah vinyl scalpers are fucking faggots. They're the reason we miss out on limited vinyls.

Not metal but related, New Man's Gin out now on profound lore.

LI-Flyer-2013.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES.

Oh yeah, you're reading that right, two of the bonus tracks on Deathcult are re-recordings. If you've ever heard The Chasm's re-recordings, they're always fucking awesome.