Metal 2013

969583_10151565444994142_1910310992_n.jpg

... comes out next week.

Mind that a number of other genres of music do turn the mic toward the crowd, not just metalcore and hardcore. Funk, Soul, Pop, Reggae, Ska and Country all come to mind.

I'm not saying lyrics are not important in metal, they're just not prominent. They're de-emphasized.

It depends. When I saw Morbid Angel, everyone knew the lyrics to Chapel of Ghouls, Immortal Rites, and Lord of All Fevers & Plague like they were hit pop songs. It was a fuckin sing along, but it was awesome. The energy was crazy.

I think you just don't like to metal but do like to bitch.

I need to relisten to the new elite again, pertaining to Master. Maybe I will pick the new one up, as long as its under $13. I've been mostly listening to brutal death and death grind lately though.

There's been good stuff....but I don't know if there's been a single metal album since 2009 that will really stand the test of time.

Cover art aside, that Metal Church song sounds surprisingly strong. Munroe somehow sounds a lot closer to Wayne and there's a lot of aggression there vs the kind of light trad of the last couple albums, and the faster/heavier songs have been their weaker point since the early 90's. Looking forward to this now.