Metal 2013

So I checked out first two albums of 2013 and both were slightly disappointing. The first one was Abbysal's second album which was missing that drive that I need in black/death and it was an hour long at that. The second was new Katalepsy which I thought was an average record that can't make too much fuzz in today's standards and competition. Let's just wait for new Wormed.

Although what I liked from the new BDM samples was the Gorepot song on youtube. That was just fucking dirty.

EDIT: Oh but that's 2012. I need to listen to that whole album.

Well since a lot of 2012 releases have been pushed back, the list is more extensive now. My biggest hopes are in:

New Birth A.D.
New Dead Congregation
New Imprecation
New Summoning
New Fanisk
New Divine Eve

and um...I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple.

I took my hope from this post.

Well it's supposedly written but not recorded and they've surely done all the touring they can do so...yeah, hopefully latter half of the year...but yeah, that was the one band I mentioned in that post that hasn't at least been verified in studio.

New Wormed track "Nucleon":

http://soundcloud.com/user6602093/wormed-nucleon

Wormed_Exodromos_artwork_2013.jpg

Those Wormed covers are nice to look at I guess, but it feels like there's some subconscious effort to make slam look intelligent, which is laughable.

It sounds exactly like every single other boring bullshit slam death song I've ever heard. I thought this band was supposed to be "the slam band for people who realize slam really sucks".

The Black Dahlia Murder is coming out with a new album in June. Heard the news at work on Facebook and jumped for joy.