Metal 2016

I see them saying that but it's 47 minutes of new material by one band, I have a hard time calling that a split ep with themselves. I kind of like the idea of a Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde album just not usually super tech stuff. I'll give it a shot though. They're bdm gods after all.

I also appreciate they at least for now, haven't abandoned their brutal death fans like so many of them do when they go full on techcore.

So far the second half reminds me of Cynic if they had stayed as a pure death metal band. First half is brutal as expected.

I'm hoping the new Unmerciful is good too. Their first, Unmercifully Beaten was awesome Suffo/Deeds styled brutal death.

Also it had this
Find a bitch to brutalize and blow out her insides
Stick the barrels in her ass, devastating shotgun blast
Guts and feces intertwine, on the mess I shall dine

I need some new recs for tunes. I like trad doom/trad heavy. Favorites so far this year have been Tarot - Reflections, Church of Misery - Whateverit'scalled, Angel Sword, Tyfon's Doom, and the new Stone Magnum album.

Also, just saw the Wretch merch. Kinda pricey, yes, but I'm definitely snagging that t-shirt/CD combo. Loved them every time I've seen them so far.

I need some new recs for tunes. I like trad doom/trad heavy. Favorites so far this year have been Tarot - Reflections, Church of Misery - Whateverit'scalled, Angel Sword, Tyfon's Doom, and the new Stone Magnum album.

i haven't been keeping up to date lately but we have similar taste in this stuff obvs. i'll let you know if i find anything else.

edit: the lord vicar, wytch hazel and savage master releases look promising. have you heard that acerus album too? daniel corchado's trad metal side project.

Last edited:
I haven't heard the new Acerus yet but I got the old one. Definitely need to get the past two Lord Vicar albums. Been slippin' there. Just saw Savage Master and they mainly played new jams, great stuff obviously. Wytch Hazel I'll have to check out.

Also, already heard the new Ravensire album. It was alright.

I'm so fucking butthurt both die hard versions of this sold out in like <4 hrs each.

So far the second half reminds me of Cynic if they had stayed as a pure death metal band. First half is brutal as expected.

So I'm listening now. First half is good. Second half reminds me of Embrionic Death - Stream of Solidarity demo. Thats not really a bad thing as I like that demo. Seems like a great release on first listen.

Reactions: Baroque
Anyone else feel that the Inquisition song that was released was mega fucking boring? I think I've asked this before but I can't remember for sure. Anyways, shame. They've always been really consistent

Anyone else feel that the Inquisition song that was released was mega fucking boring? I think I've asked this before but I can't remember for sure. Anyways, shame. They've always been really consistent

Listening to it now. Doesn't strike me as being bad, but Inquisition have always had a formula, and I guess it gets a little stale after a while. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I make a conscious effort not to over listen to their music for this reason.

Reactions: CiG