Metal 2016

I don't mind if someone sings like Ozzy, but it's pretty weird when in other bands they don't sing like that. Phil Swanson doesn't usually sing like Ozzy, so that's a bit...

Did they name themselves after that weird Beherit song from Drawing Down The Moon?

Also, if you don't like Ozzy on the classic albums he sang on, you're an idiot.

Enslaved is releasing some unreleased material in November as a full length

14224808_10153756467667201_2918770412634518236_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Evil Dead
Last Enslaved album was fucking awful. Massive disappointment.

Looking forward to Sumerlands but I'm also confused why Phil is doing an Ozzy impression.

So I'm curious if Alcest brought back the harsh vocals because he realized he had alienated his original fanbase and as a standalone shoegaze band he wasnt very good (IE career/pride probably took a hit)

Reactions: nizzon
Been a good year so far. Schammasch and Vex have put out the best albums up to this point. The Vex album (Sky Exile) is quite extraordinary despite the drums being too up front in the mix. Those guys always have such interesting compositions.

Nice use of that Tennyson quote. "Ulysses" might be my favorite poem of all time. However, that poem isn't about ending so much as continuing on. I'm not sure this is an official goodbye in that case..

But I can't say I'm upset over Bolt Thrower's demise. I've seen them live 4 times more than most people and it's not like they were pumping out new music anytime soon.