Metal Bands with cultural influences.

NinjaGeek

Feb 22, 2007
Bands that take their culture's, or another culture's music and mix it in with metal. Stuff like Melechesh, Pentagram(Mezarkabul), Flametal, and Al Qaynah.

Preferably nothing Scandinavian, Celtic, or anything else that appears in the 1000s of bands classified as folk metal.

Sad Lengend rules, but I can't say I'd have had a CLUE they were from Korea just from listening to them.

I agree with the Orphaned Land rec. nice band.

Haggard (orchestral involvement, so it has that cultural influence to it, call it what you will)

Hollenthon (middle-eastern melodies, even the vocals from a haka (Maori war dance) incorperated into one song)

Shaman (the band name of the first two albums of the band Korpiklaani, before they changed up their style. Their two albums have this heavily native-american vibe about them, in drumming and vocals. very unique among 'folk metal' bands, so I'm not discounting them with all other slavic/scandinavian/celtic stuff)

He's being pretty retarded and implying that folk bands are not influenced by their cultures. Nokturnal Mortum is probably a safe rec.

I just don't want Scandinavian or Celtic stuff, because I already have loads of folk metal albums with their influences on it, and I'm looking for different stuff.

Preferably nothing Scandinavian, Celtic, or anything else that appears in the 1000s of bands classified as folk metal.

All I meant by this is I'm not looking for "Folk Metal" recommendations. Folk Metal is usually a term reserved for the Scandinavian and Celtic bands. You don't really hear bands like Melechesh being called folk metal, although I personally feel that they do fall into the category.