Metal Church in their prime.......

So much of awesomeness. Fake Healer is insane. Not sure what to make of the sound issues on the 1st song. But thanks for posting. I am a big fan of this band, especially this era.

That's some good stuff! I don't think Metal Church ever really got the recognition they deserved...
And to think some people call them overrated!

a) Agree indeed
b) Never heard that but if I do, I kick some butt :heh:

So much of awesomeness. Fake Healer is insane. Not sure what to make of the sound issues on the 1st song. But thanks for posting. I am a big fan of this band, especially this era.

sound issues... like Howe trying to sing into the wrong end of the mike :lol: (@ 3:06 into the Beyond the Black clip)

I have this DVD and it kicks major ass!! I like the David Wayne albums better but this is really good and METAL CHURCH at the ends gives me a few metal chills!! :devil:

Am I the only one who likes Mike Howe more? Date with Poverty??!

No I like Howe era way more than Wayne and I think Bryant agrees with me. 'Fake Healer', In Harm's Way, 'The Final Word', etc., all the albums with Mike are gems.

I don't rate the eras of Metal Church, I appreciate them all. I did get to meet Mike Howe back in the day and he was pretty cool.

Metal Church is definitely one of the classic underrated superb metal bands.

I don't know if I agree this is the band in their prime, but I love the Howe era. Once the Howe-ers was over the band should have been laid to rest for good.

I don't know about that, I thought the Ronny Munroe CDs were quite good myself.

No I like Howe era way more than Wayne and I think Bryant agrees with me. 'Fake Healer', In Harm's Way, 'The Final Word', etc., all the albums with Mike are gems.

Prefer Howe era, but love the first two releases as well. I find myself skipping around songs more than on either of the three Howe releases though.

I don't know about that, I thought the Ronny Munroe CDs were quite good myself.

I don't know that I agree they should have "hung it up" after the Howe era. The "magic" seemed to be gone and the Munroe stuff paled in comparison, but it was far from awful. They were solid metal releases, just not excellent ones. I don't think the Munroe era tarnished their legacy, but I don't think it added much to it for me.

Bryant

:worship: "Blessing in Disguise" will always be my fav by MC, but the first two are very close in 2nd & 3rd. "The Human Factor" is good but just not up to par following in the footsteps of "BiD".

However, as for "Hanging in the Balance"... :puke: I know some like it, but IMO it's just horrible compared to their previous 4 albums. A few (as in 3-4) decent/good songs, but that's it. I never really got into anything they did after that...