Metal Clubs and Rock Nights

T-Rat said:
it seems like in the usa outside of nyc and la this just doesn't happen that much...
only one night that i know of in boston...

If that happens in NYC, let me know.

Haven't got a clue if there's anything like that in Belfast (and judging by the looks of the crowd at last month's Priest gig, I wouldn't be interested anyway... *yawn*) My home town (Saskatoon ... in Canada) had one every Wednesday night though. It was great, and I tried to make it out there whenever I could. Also had a goth night once a month, but it was an all ages event and full of kids just out of their Britney Spears shirts.

cthulufhtagn said:
i think the club scene in the u.s. is a lot different than over the pond...probably having to do with the drinking age difference. it should be 18 here, but what do you expect from a country founded and run by a bunch of puritans.

i want to check out lucifer's hammer in san fran this summer, apparently it's the last place in town to see real metal

Lucifer's Hammer doesn't exist anymore. They stopped putting on weekly shows about a year ago and now only put on "special" shows once every so often (and not even that often as there's only been one since they stopped the weeklies)...

This area has quite a few metal and punk bars where people dj and whatnot...

for anyone who is interested:

The same pub let me and my friend DJ again... our set this time was:

In Flames - Ordinary Story
Dark Tranquillity - Therein
Sirenia - Shadow Of Your Own Self
Orphaned Land - Mercy (Live - Paradise Lost Cover)
Arcturus - Alone
Emperor - Ye Entrancemperium
Sigh - Shingontachikawa
Therion - Three Ships Of Berik (Pt 1 - Calling To Arms And Fighting The Battle)
Therion - Three Ships Of Berik (Pt 2 - Victory)
Beesech - Bitch
Silent Stream Of Godless Elegy - Trinity
Vordven - Heathen Blood Never Falls
Octavia Sperati - ???
Arcturus - Starcrossed
Opeth - Prologue
Opeth - April Ethereal

What is Octavis Sperati like, I have been meaning to check that out...?

Also Chris, I will PM you the details of that heavy night I am doing when I have them confirmed. I know that it should be free entry, with 2 live bands and me and someone else DJing. I think Mendeed are playing (just been supporting Cradle of Filth apparently) and one other band.

Very small venue though, if you are interested...

AlexGuinness said:
What is Octavis Sperati like, I have been meaning to check that out...?

Also Chris, I will PM you the details of that heavy night I am doing when I have them confirmed. I know that it should be free entry, with 2 live bands and me and someone else DJing. I think Mendeed are playing (just been supporting Cradle of Filth apparently) and one other band.

Very small venue though, if you are interested...

I will learn to spell one day...